Classic Banjo (2,668)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

That Chinatown Rag (1910)....Geo. W. Meyer.

This is a catchy oriental rag that's not too challenging on the fingers. There are some nice major/minor chord changes and an interesting u…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Feb 11, 2016

Ossman's Pretzel Pete

Vess L. Ossman recorded “Pretzel Pete” for Edison in 1907. It is subtitled “A German Ragtime” and contains at least one melody of German o…

Started by Shawn McSweeny

2 Feb 11, 2016
Reply by Shawn McSweeny

Playing from Standard Notation

I am a novice with Classic Banjo, and part of the trouble I am having is learning how to play a composition from the standard notation. I f…

Started by Brian Kimerer

31 Feb 9, 2016
Reply by marc dalmasso

Classic banjos

What is the best way to sell classic banjos ?

Started by Roy Manning

21 Feb 6, 2016
Reply by Brian Kimerer

Arthur Tilley 7string on Ebay

One for the collector http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arthur-Tilley-Antique-7-string-banjo-/161961010608?hash=item25b5a0e5b0:g:G5YAAOSwzhVWqUhz

Started by carrie horgan

1 Feb 3, 2016
Reply by Jody Stecher

Making balanced sets of strings

For those of you who purchase individual strings rather than packaged sets, how do you calculate what gauges to get in order to achieve a b…

Started by John Cohen

0 Feb 3, 2016

The sound of Vess Ossman

I just found a 1906 recording of Vess Ossman playing St Louis Tickle where the sound of his banjo and his banjo playing is very clear. It s…

Started by Jody Stecher

8 Feb 2, 2016
Reply by John Cohen

Clifford Essex Professional Head?

Anybody have a preference of head type for Clifford Essex Professional banjos? I was thinking Renaissance or Frosted Top.  I know it takes…

Started by John Cohen

8 Feb 2, 2016
Reply by Trapdoor2

Van Eps' action height

I'm having a lot of trouble setting up my Van Eps banjo to not buzz.  The neck angle and bridge are stock, and the action is very low- 2mm…

Started by John Cohen

2 Feb 1, 2016
Reply by John Cohen

Razzle Dazzle score

Would anyone happen to have a copy of 'Razzle Dazzle' (arranged by Emile Grimshaw; composer Harry Von Tlizer).  I've checked the music libr…

Started by carrie horgan

16 Jan 31, 2016
Reply by Trapdoor2

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service