Classic Banjo (2,668)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Dixie Jingles (1906)..Monroe H. Rosenfeld

This is the third of my Rosenfeld arrangements, it's one of the many variations on Dixie that were around at that time and I think, one of…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Aug 13, 2016

Help re: banjo head

Dear all, My Barnes and Mullins 5 String banjo seems to have a very scratchy sound which is becoming quite annoying. I suspect it could be…

Started by Andy Spencer

2 Aug 12, 2016
Reply by Andy Spencer

They can't get rid of me that easily !!!

For those who are not aware (or maybe don't care!) I was taken ill last Christmas time with what my doctor cheerfully calls my "near death…

Started by thereallyniceman

6 Aug 12, 2016
Reply by Jocko MacNelly

Just because all the best tunes come from Alabama :-)

I think we may have mentioned this recording before, but I think it is a jolly tune with Fred Van Eps taking a back seat in there :-) I w…

2 Aug 12, 2016
Reply by Trapdoor2

Cottonfield Dance (1892)...Monroe H. Rosenfeld.

This is the second of Rosenfeld's early cakewalk type tunes, its has a very traditional sound to and sounds good on banjo. In the opening b…

0 Aug 12, 2016

Wonderful news!!!

Ian, Congratulations on your recovery, (near death isn’t nearly as great as is it has been made out to be)! You are meant to still remain o…

Started by Randall Ferguson

0 Aug 11, 2016

Help re: banjo head

Dear all, My Barnes and Mullins 5 String banjo seems to have a very scratchy sound which is becoming quite annoying. I suspect it could be…

Started by Andy Spencer

5 Aug 11, 2016
Reply by Trapdoor2

Insurgents Patrol

Picked up this on a 78 the other day. I wasn't familiar with it, but isn't it a cracking tune? I wonder which particular set of "insurgent…

Started by Russ Chandler

3 Aug 9, 2016
Reply by Steve Harrison

UK Banjo Rallies. For your diary!!

Backwell Banjo Rally: Saturday 3rd September Organised by the Southwest region of the International Banjo Circle and taking place at the…

0 Aug 5, 2016

Ma Mobile Babe (1899)..John Nicholas Klohr

This is another very good early cakewalk that suits the banjo well. It has a pleasing melody and the whole composition has plenty of variet…

2 Aug 3, 2016
Reply by Trapdoor2

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service