Classic Banjo (2,668)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

SERVER PROBLEM

You may find that some pages are not loading due to a SERVER FAULT. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible!

Started by thereallyniceman

0 Aug 29, 2016

2016 Banjo Gathering - Important Program and Registration Updates

Dear Friends, I'm posting this on behalf of Jim Bollman, Peter Szego, and Hank Schwartz. I hope we'll see many of you at this year's Banjo…

Started by Greg Adams

0 Aug 28, 2016

Smiles And Chuckles (1917)..F.Henri Klickman

This is a catchy tune written towards the end of the ragtime era and one I'd not heard before until I found it on one of my Google expediti…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Aug 27, 2016

John Cunninghame and Stream of Consciousness....and a little Bushmills 1608

My lineage on my mother's side being from Wales and having come to the USA through life on the London stage at the turn of the century...ab…

Started by Chris Cioffi

29 Aug 24, 2016
Reply by Chris Cioffi

Phoebe Thompson's cakewalk (1899)..Sadie Koninsky

Here's another cakewalk from the composer of Eli Green's C.Walk. It another early CW that suits the banjo. I've included the short introduc…

3 Aug 23, 2016
Reply by Steve Harrison

Make My Cot (Where The Cot-Cot-Cotton Grows).1927..J.Le Soir, R.Doll, S Klein.

Marc mentioned this in a previous post so I had a go at this banjo arrangement. I've arranged it as a song with the lyrics added to the sco…

2 Aug 23, 2016
Reply by Steve Harrison

Shuffle Along... Tablature now available

Marc Smith has kindly produced the Tablature for Morley's "Shuffle Along". I know that this has been requested (You John C. ?) and Marc…

4 Aug 16, 2016
Reply by Jody Stecher

Crazy Bone Rag (1913) Charles L. Johnson

This is another rag by C.L.Johnson and one suggested by Ian. (I'm gradually working through Johnson's list!). The piano score was in G majo…

0 Aug 16, 2016

The Alabama Walk-Around (1891)..Monroe H. Rosenfeld.l

From the title I surmise that Rosenfeld possibly saw this as a cake-walk although it's described as a comic dance which would make it one o…

3 Aug 14, 2016
Reply by marc dalmasso

There may be changes ahead on CB Ning.

Firstly in response to Chris's post "Merry Christmas to Ian, The Really Nice Man" and indeed to all the other posts that I have not yet had…

23 Aug 13, 2016
Reply by Richard Bugdal

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service