Classic Banjo (2,669)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fig Leaf Rag (1908)...Scott Joplin.

This was tricky to arrange for banjo, I had to play around with the octaves to get it all to fit but I think the result is quite pleasing.…

Started by Steve Harrison

2 Mar 11, 2017
Reply by Steve Harrison

The Sycamore (1904)...Scott Joplin.

Joplin describes this as a concert rag.I transposed this from G to C for ease of playing on the banjo, I also combined the LH and RH in som…

0 Mar 8, 2017

MY ENTRY FOR THE FAMOUS LAST WORDS COMPETITION

AT LAST   NING seem to have fixed the website and it now seems to be running as it should...unless you know differently! After almost SIX…

Started by thereallyniceman

8 Mar 7, 2017
Reply by Jody Stecher

The Chrysanthemum (1904)...Scott Joplin

Another very pleasant tune from Joplin what he describes as an African American Intermezzo. It's one of his less challenging compositions a…

0 Mar 4, 2017

Sugar Cane Rag (1908)...Scott Joplin

This is a delightful tune punctuated with some sweeping arpeggios. The piano score was written in Bb, to make the arpeggios and runs easier…

0 Mar 4, 2017

Original Rags (1899)...Scott Joplin.

This one of Joplin's earlier compositions and is a real foot tapper. I've rewritten the intro by replacing the single notes which on the pi…

0 Feb 25, 2017

Felicity Rag (1911)....Scott Joplin & Scott Hayden.

This is a tune that's well suited to banjo and one of those where Joplin collaborated with Scott Hayden. In the third part, I've had to be…

0 Feb 25, 2017

NING are STILL attempting to fix the ongoing problems!!!!!!!

0 Feb 21, 2017

NING TOP PRIORITY... really????

After more days of chasing NING I finally received a sensible reply. Let's hope they get it fixed soon!!!

3 Feb 19, 2017
Reply by thereallyniceman

Scott Joplin's New Rag (1912)

This is one of Joplin's tunes that is probably least suited to banjo, never the less, I've put together an arrangement that does work prett…

0 Feb 15, 2017

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service