Classic Banjo (1,674)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A register of surviving Parslow banjos built from 1880 to 1919

I have just had a message from site member Ed Parslow letting me know of the work he has been doing on the history and whereabout of banjos…

Started by thereallyniceman

4 Jul 22
Reply by Edward Marshe Parslow

The Banshee - Year Published?

Does anyone know what year the Banshee (by Emile Grimshaw) was first published? Is there a resource out there anywhere that I can use to l…

Started by Aaron Jonah Lewis

0 Jul 21

A "new" Cammeyer and Oakley record !!

Well, I had not heard it before ! It is a great piece from two masters of the  5 string Zither banjo. MERRIE COMPANY played by Alfred C…

Started by thereallyniceman

2 Jul 21
Reply by Trapdoor2

The American Rag (A Patriotic Medley) (1909)....Harry L. Newman & Roy Barton

This is a selection of 9 patriotic tunes given the ragtime treatment and is very well done indeed. The tunes are; Dixie, The Girl I left be…

Started by Steve Harrison

1 Jul 17
Reply by Trapdoor2

Tuning for a six string banjo

I have a six string banjo made by Joe Daniels in London in 1888 and a five string short neck banjo he made about 1873, I also have a book o…

Started by David Parkin

7 Jul 17
Reply by Jody Stecher

The Oldest Surviving Banjo Recording

Absolutely fascinating little Podcast.  Richard Ineson knows a bit about this guy. We love the shock the family express on discovering t…

Started by Russ Chandler

2 Jul 16
Reply by Jody Stecher

Just Passing Through

Hi banjo people. Someone used the mailing system here to ask me a question. In replying I had to sign in again. Now that I'm here I'd like…

Started by Rob MacKillop

4 Jul 14
Reply by Rob MacKillop

A La Georgia Jubilee (1899)...Carl Lexhoizt

This one of three known compositions by this composer, it's a delightful composition and one of the many that incorporate a series of well…

2 Jul 14
Reply by Steve Harrison

The Hazers, AJ Weidt

Hi, Has anybody else ever attempted this one/recorded the full version of this AJ Weidt piece? I quite enjoy it, but I'm having a hard time…

Started by david caron

15 Jul 13
Reply by Trapdoor2

Grave Yard Blues (MK2) (1916)..Clarence Woods

This is an updated arrangement of a tune I posted back in 2015. Of the ten blues that I've arranged for banjo, this is by far my favourite.…

0 Jul 9

RSS

© 2018   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service