Classic Banjo (1,712)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

More Bedtime reading from the Dec 1960 BMG Magazine

I had often wondered how the fret spacings were calculated when there are different scale lengths. Now it is all perfectly clear: I just…

Started by thereallyniceman

2 Oct 23
Reply by Steve Harrison

Bunch O' Blackberries (1899)...Abe Holzmann

This is my take on a very melodious and playable early tune by Holzmann. I've kept the arrangement as straightforward as possible and the…

Started by Steve Harrison

2 Oct 21
Reply by Steve Harrison

Ken-Tuc-kee (1918)..A. J. Weidt.

This is my take on this neat tune by AJW. I arranged it from a piano score not noticing that there that there was already an arrangement fo…

0 Oct 21

Banjo arrangement of Shanteler guitar piece

I'd like to introduce a piece which you might want try.  You may download it from this site's music library.    It was originally for guita…

Started by Randy Dary

1 Oct 20
Reply by Steve Harrison

The Darkey's Barbecue (1896).....Vess Ossman

An early composition from SLO and as would be expected, a very good one too. It follows the classic patrol format. I couldn't locate a scor…

2 Oct 20
Reply by Steve Harrison

Popularity (1906)...George M. Cohan

This is a good composition from the pen of the 'Yankee Doodle Dandy' and is taken from one of his musicals of the same name. It's a good ex…

1 Oct 17
Reply by Rémi

Ziter Banjo-Banjo guitar ???

Hi everybody, I hope you're fine. As im a huge fan of ragtime/cakewalk/banjo music, trying to play some tunes on guitar sol, I want to ask…

Started by Rémi

5 Oct 14
Reply by thereallyniceman

21st October 2018: Rob Murch and Michelle Holding in London

Rob and Michelle will be playing a full evening at Walthamstow Folk Club on Sunday 21st October. It's really rare for Rob to play in the s…

Started by Russ Chandler

1 Oct 12
Reply by Rob Murch

After The Cake Walk (1900)...Robert Nathaniel Dett

R. Nathaniel Dett  was a composer, organist, pianist and music professor. Whilst born in Canada, he spent most of his professional career i…

2 Oct 11
Reply by Randy Dary

Tony Trischka's excellent video on "Classic Style Banjo"

Tony Trischka from the American Banjo Museum talks about Classic Banjo. How nice it is to hear this un-rushed playing and with steel string…

Started by thereallyniceman

36 Oct 9
Reply by Trapdoor2

RSS

© 2018   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service