Classic Banjo (1,436)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Keystone Rag (1921)...Willie Anderson

This is an interesting composition coming as it does on the tail end of ragtime. It's very much in the style of some early 1920s jazz and t…

Started by Steve Harrison

3 Jun 15
Reply by Trapdoor2

Fred Van Eps Classic Style as it should be :-)

I love his playing... maybe one day I will get there... I mean to 10% as good as he was, of course! This is not as "frantic" as much of…

Started by thereallyniceman

6 Jun 14
Reply by Trapdoor2

Ragtime Episode FVE--Ish

This is from the 5-Stringer #83 published 1960. Ragtime_Episode_83_1960.pdf It is about as close as you are going to find.  It is the versi…

Started by Joel Hooks

32 Jun 12
Reply by Daniel Pearce

Eddie Tobin

There was some discussion a while ago about the banjo player Eddie Tobin. I have an old recording (1973) taken during a prolonged stay in t…

Started by John McAllister

13 Jun 12
Reply by Joel Hooks

Sensation (A Rag) (1908)..Joseph Lamb

Ian requested this and when you have a listen you'll realize why, it's a great piece of ragtime. My arrangement was taken from a score that…

0 Jun 11

Rigamarole Rag (1910)..Edwin F. Kendall

I think Kendall may have been influenced by St Louis Tickle when he wrote this, I can hear similarities in parts, nevertheless, it's a good…

0 Jun 10

S.S. STEWART PHILADELPHIA BANJO MAKER EXTRAORDINAIRE

I came across this article from the website of  “Australian Postal History and Social Philately”     I wonder how I got there as well, and…

Started by thereallyniceman

5 Jun 9
Reply by Trapdoor2

Piano MIDI for 'A Banjo Oddity' ?

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone out there has a MIDI file of the piano accompaniment to Morley's 'A Banjo Oddity' that they would…

Started by A.N. Chase

2 Jun 5
Reply by thereallyniceman

Mr Jollyboy Tempo

According to my score Grimshaw's Mister Jollyboy has two tempos. That gloriously melodramatic introduction is noted at M.M. 48 then the res…

Started by Russ Chandler

8 May 31
Reply by Strumelia

Dixie Queen (1909)..Robert Hoffman

This is a simple but pleasant ragtime tune that's not too hard on the fingers. The score and midi are in the library...Steve.

0 May 30

RSS

© 2017   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service