Classic Banjo (1,565)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ragtime Pasmala (1899)..Paul Reubens.

This is a very good early ragtime time tune which is described as a 'Characteristique Two-Step'. I think that Reubens may have borrowed the…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Jan 27

The Dam Busters March MkII.....Eric Coates.

This year is the centenary of the Royal Air Force and as a tribute, I've revisited  and rewritten an arrangement I did some years ago. I've…

0 Jan 24

Information request on Merle Johnson Trovato and A.C.Manning

I've been looking at and listening to The Fiddlers Rag as a possible banjo arrangement but have been unable thus far to find out anything a…

0 Jan 24

FINALLY! My restored 1890s Jas. Morrison...

As a huge Ossman fanatic...I was on a quest to find a banjo similar to one Vess played. At one point in time, early on in his career, he wa…

Started by Texican65

5 Jan 23
Reply by Texican65

"Turkey in the Straw Medley" on 1890s Morrison.

Here is a short video of me playing the Morrison, just for a sound example. Its a very difficult piece to play, let alone throw in 1/4" act…

Started by Texican65

0 Jan 22

Will Lyle

Started by Barry Schorr

1 Jan 20
Reply by Barry Schorr

Reading my 1953 BMG magazines I thought of Marc Dalmasso

Hey Marc, I know you like a bit of "bling" with your banjos... it seems that you are not alone ;-)) A nice little job for the weekend...…

Started by thereallyniceman

2 Jan 20
Reply by marc dalmasso

Calico Rag (1905)...Lee B. Grabbe

This is the second of two arrangements with the same name. It's quite different from the one written by Johnson and is the one I prefer out…

0 Jan 20

Calico Rag (1914)..Nathaniel Henry "Nat" Johnson

This the first of two arrangements with the same name. It's an interesting and well written tune making full use of some sweeping arpeggios…

0 Jan 20

Clarke Buehling added to FIND A TEACHER page.

Started by thereallyniceman

0 Jan 19

RSS

© 2018   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service