Classic Banjo (1,408)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

NEW ! MORE original scores available soon in the MUSIC LIBRARY

My friend Eric from Israel has just visited Lynn and I and has kindly donated, for the site, a small mountain of original published scores…

Started by thereallyniceman

11 May 8
Reply by thereallyniceman

Clowne Banjo Rally

At the risk of boring peoples, I had a couple of alarming conversations just before the holiday - two good friends had 22nd April down in t…

Started by David Wade

11 May 8
Reply by David Wade

A Southern Jamboree (1899)....J. W. Lerman.

This is an early cake walk which could have been written for the banjo. The piano score was in G/C and for ease of playing I've arranged it…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 May 7

The London Banjo Club play Lancashire Clogs

Now here is treat for Marc and Mike and I hope for all of us.   A rare sound track, from around the 1950’s, from a TV recording made by th…

Started by thereallyniceman

18 May 6
Reply by Richard William Ineson

Tardes Em Lindoia (Waltz)....Zequinha Abreu

This is a pleasant waltz the title of which translates to 'Afternoon in Lindoia'. It's usually associated with the guitar so I've adapted t…

1 Apr 27
Reply by Trapdoor2

Ideal Desfeito (Tango)..Zequniha Abreau

Here's a 'tango for da banjo' for Marc...the grace notes are a bit tricky and could be omitted  but they do add to the overall effect. The…

1 Apr 27
Reply by Trapdoor2

Tico-Tico No Fubá (1917)...Zequina Abreu

This is a popular tune written by the Brazilian composer José Gomés de Abreu aka Zequina. It's been recorded by numerous musicians and sing…

4 Apr 20
Reply by Steve Harrison

Não Me Tóques (1932)...Zequinha Abreu.

Everyone don their frilly sleeved shirts, grab hold of your maracas and get ready to Samba! This is a cracker of a tune by Abreu, I've writ…

1 Apr 20
Reply by Trapdoor2

G banjo and Patent

Good Banjo Alert: there's a "Patent" Model Cammeyer Zither-Banjo in South Yorkshire up for auction on eBay.  Those can be very good instrum…

Started by Jody Stecher

6 Apr 18
Reply by Trapdoor2

Any classic banjoists around Limerick?

Hello friends, I'm in Ireland staying in Limerick with pals of mine and was wondering if any classic banjo players live around town and wa…

Started by Greg Adams

0 Apr 11

RSS

© 2017   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service