Classic Banjo (1,508)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

2018 Banjo Gathering Survey

Dear Friends, We enjoyed an extraordinary 2017 Banjo Gathering this past weekend in Alexandria, Virginia, with a wonderful array of present…

Started by Greg Adams

2 Nov 8
Reply by Trapdoor2

The Winter Garden Rag (1912)...Abe Oleman

This is a well written ragtime tune from another of the popular ragtime composers. The piano score was written in C and I've transposed it…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Nov 8

Wild and Crazy Banjos

Whoa! check out these wild and crazy banjos. I can't tell exactly how big the big one is. That's a lot of brackets though. https://www.eba

Started by Jody Stecher

4 Nov 6
Reply by Jody Stecher

New budget banjo recommendations.

I would like to buy a banjo to use everyday and take anywhere so that I can keep my 1880/90s instrument for playing only at home.  As a beg…

Started by IAN SALTER

2 Nov 6
Reply by IAN SALTER

The Pearl Of The Harem. (1898)..Harry Guy..(as played by Vess Ossman and Fred Van Eps.)

I came across the midi of this tune in the Primeline Midi Library. Most of the midis in the library that I've used in the past have been fo…

4 Nov 4
Reply by Hal Allert

Ossman technique question

Hi there, In my practicing/learning his version of "Dixie", I've got a question about his right hand finger technique in a certain part of…

Started by Texican65

1 Oct 31
Reply by Jody Stecher

Chocolate Drops (1902)..Harry Von Tilzer

The arrangement for this catchy cake walk was requested by Joel Hooks. It suits the banjo very well and I've transposed it from Bb to C for…

0 Oct 30

Colonial Rag (1914)..Ernest R. Ball & Julius Lenzberg

This is a very well written piece of music with plenty of variety in style. The second part is of particular interest with the inventive wa…

0 Oct 30

Rare fretless 6 string on eBay

When I say 6 string, it has friction pegs for 5 main strings with a 6th octave peg part way down the neck as per normal 5 string banjo. Som…

Started by Jem Bowkett

1 Oct 26
Reply by thereallyniceman

The Lion Tamer Rag(1913)..Mark Janza aka Albert Frederick Marzian.

This is a real tour de force of a tune and definitely one for the banjo pickers and those with a strong constitution. It's described as a '…

0 Oct 24

RSS

© 2017   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service