Classic Banjo (1,436)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Festival Banjo Saint Gervasy 2017

Started by marc dalmasso

9 Jul 2
Reply by Eric STEFANELLI

Hot air auction

Just appeared on Ebay: an empty folder from Clifford Essex. Bid now to own your very own (hot) air expertly breathed by England's most skil…

Started by Jody Stecher

4 Jul 1
Reply by Joel Hooks

Has Anyone Heard from Mike Moss Lately?

Just curious.  I enjoyed his posts and playing and have not seen anything from him for a while. Just hoping he is healthy and still playing.

Started by Joel Hooks

5 Jun 28
Reply by Joel Hooks

Tom Boy (1907).. Rag march and two step.. W. B. Bradford.

This was suggested by Marc a short time back. He wasn't sure how it would sound on the banjo however his apprehension was unfounded. I had…

Started by Steve Harrison

2 Jun 27
Reply by Steve Harrison

Fred Van Eps in a moment of madness or maybe desperation!

I have always loved Fred van Eps' music...  but this one!  What was he thinking? Vocals by Len Spencer who seems to have been a bit of a…

Started by thereallyniceman

14 Jun 24
Reply by thereallyniceman

A Cyclone In Darktown (1910)..George Daniel Barnard.

Barnard was better known in his day as a composer of band music, as far as I've been able to ascertain, this is his only ragtime compositio…

4 Jun 24
Reply by Steve Harrison

A Question For Our British Members

I recently acquired a New Concert Grand that was played plectrum style by a guy with the name of Toft. Toft played at the Savoy Hotel with…

Started by John Cohen

0 Jun 23

Levee Revels (1898)..William Christopher O'Hare

This is described as an Afro-American Cane-Hop and sounds like a real piece of old time music. I would guess that O'Hare used a few traditi…

3 Jun 23
Reply by Steve Harrison

Question About the Grimshaw Tutor Copyright

I am curious about the status of copyright on the Grimshaw tutor and the exercises book. In the US works that were published pre 1923 are n…

Started by Joel Hooks

4 Jun 19
Reply by Trapdoor2

Unusual banjo alert!

Whoa!  Here's something you don't see everyday. An open back Cammeyer banjo with carved heel, scalloped bezel, and unusual inlays.  I wonde…

Started by Jody Stecher

3 Jun 18
Reply by Jody Stecher

RSS

© 2017   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service