Classic Banjo (1,467)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Alabama Slide (1915)..Chas. L. Johnson

This is a catchy tune by CLJ and is described as a foxtrot. The piano score showed triplet grace notes in the first part which were impossi…

Started by Steve Harrison

2 on Thursday
Reply by Steve Harrison

Powder Rag (1908) Raymond Birch aka Chas. L. Johnson

This is my take on a classic ragtime tune by CLJ. All the arrangements I've seen of this have been written in C so I thought I'd have fresh…

3 Sep 13
Reply by Steve Harrison

Silver Star (1911)...Chas. L. Johnson

This is described as an Indian intermezzo and CLJ has exploited the popularity of tunes with an Indian theme that were popular at the time.…

0 Sep 10

Silver King Rag (1909)....Chas. L. Johnson

This is yet another great rag from the pen of CLJ, the intro has a very 'old timey' feel to it. The piano score is in Bb so I made the obvi…

0 Sep 10

Snookums Rag (1918)..C. L. Johnson.

This is real tour de force of a rag by CLJ, it's got a bit of everything, plenty of variety and the trio is proof that life does indeed exi…

2 Sep 10
Reply by Steve Harrison

The Lilliputian's Bazaar (1905)...Joseph Lamb

This a delightful tune with an equally delightful title. Remi the guitarist has recorded an excellent video of it on you-tube and that insp…

2 Sep 10
Reply by Steve Harrison

Questions about Morley / Arrangements (guitar)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zieBpN8fzI&lc=z12ggnqirtupi5mli22btnra1mq4gj55c04Hi, I discovered this amazing music after hearing the…

Started by Rémi

26 Sep 9
Reply by Hal Allert

Member update!

Greetings lads & ladies,      My name is Dow, I joined the site a few years ago, but let life get in the way of my banjo playing, and…

Started by Texican65

1 Sep 7
Reply by Trapdoor2

I have always had this strange power over women

So I have decided to share my secret  ;-)

Started by thereallyniceman

2 Sep 7
Reply by Hal Allert

New to classic Banjo

Hello, I'm Josh. I bought my first banjo in 2010. I grew up watching Beverly hills billies and I remember hearing banjo music as a young ch…

Started by Josh

3 Sep 7
Reply by Hal Allert

RSS

© 2017   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service