Classic Banjo (1,565)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Rag Time Patrol (1899)..Charles Jerome Wilson

This is another early cakewalk following the patrol formula of previous arrangements by including a selection of old time tunes. The second…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Feb 10

Cammeyer Vibrante on ebay

Hi all, Just noticed this one listed ... https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/The-Cammeyer-Vibrante-Banjo/323061829711?hash=item4b37fc504f:g:NrwAAOS

Started by Pip

0 Feb 10

Leonard Hussey

In the BBC interview Hussey mentions that he is making trips to Australia as a ships doctor.   Hi did have a mate that he played with in Ad…

Started by Ray Jones

0 Feb 9

Hal Allert

I am very sad to report that group member Hal Allert passed away on the 20th December last year. The news has just come through. Hal was a…

Started by David Wade

11 Feb 6
Reply by David Wade

The Tar Heeler's Dream MkII (1899)...William J. Rahley

As I often do, I've revisited one of my earlier arrangements, this was originally posted around 3 years ago and it makes rather a good banj…

0 Feb 4

Patrol Comique (1886)..Thomas Hindley.

This is my take on the tune that was recorded by Vess Ossman. I've steered away from Ossman's version and followed more closely the origina…

0 Feb 2

Moonlight Rag (1913)..Thomas "Henry" Lodge

This is the third of my recent arrangements of Lodge tunes. It doesn't follow the usual form of a rag and is in common time. It's in the 'b…

0 Feb 2

Hifalutin' Rag (1918)..Thomas "Henry" Lodge.

This was composed at the tail end of ragtime and as with most of Lodge's compositions, it's very elegantly written and an enjoyable piece o…

0 Feb 2

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR FRIEND MARC DALMASSO !

Started by thereallyniceman

1 Jan 29
Reply by marc dalmasso

Oh You Turkey! (1914)..Thomas "Henry" Lodge.

This is an interesting and entertaining composition from the composer of Temptation Rag. Lodge was a prolific composer of popular music and…

0 Jan 27

RSS

© 2018   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service