Classic Banjo (1,712)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Banjo Rallies in the Good Old Days

My bedtime reading turned up another goodie ! Who wouldn't have wanted to attend this rally?  

Started by thereallyniceman

1 Nov 7
Reply by Joel Hooks

Gariepy "Van Eps Flush Fret" Banjo!

This is a tandem post that I put up on the BHO but I was thinking I might post here for people who don't go there. Hi folks, I recently ca…

Started by Joel Hooks

10 Nov 4
Reply by Trapdoor2

Jazzapation (1922)..Edward Browne Claypoole

This another post ragtime/early jazz composition that would not necessarily be considered suitable for classic banjo. As with my previously…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Nov 2

Vance Lowry and the classic banjo?

Hello everybody, While searching for banjo records on a french radio website I stumbled upon this emission broadcasted in 2013, in which y…

Started by RitonMousquetaire

78 Oct 30
Reply by Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist

Can I get a little Information on Barnes And Mullins No 2 Perfect zither banjos.

I found a zither banjo in an antique store in of all places, Marion Illinois. How common are Barnes And Mullins No 2 Perfect zither ban…

Started by Brice Alms

1 Oct 30
Reply by thereallyniceman

Chills And Fever Rag MK2 (1912)..Theron Catlen Bennett

This is my favourite rag written by TCB, I first arranged it some years back. The way I play it has changed somewhat from my original score…

0 Oct 29

Black Cinderella MK2 (1900)....Florence Wood

This is a revamp of an arrangement I did some years back. It's a good tune for banjo and deserved a second look. I've added my usual anno…

0 Oct 28

Skeleton Jangle (1918)..P. J. La Rocca..As played by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band.

As Halloween fast approaches, I thought that this suitably named tune would fit the bill. It was written at the end of the ragtime era and…

3 Oct 27
Reply by John Grey

Smith's Songs for Banjo

Is anyone familiar with this book?  It's a lot of old songs with one-banjo accompaniment.  I'll list the songs soon.

Started by Randy Dary

3 Oct 26
Reply by thereallyniceman

Even Joe Morley would have feared the One Eyed Video Monster

..if they had had them in 1912 that is ;-) Look at the fear and apprehension on Morley's face. Was it Tarrant Bailey Snr's recording cont…

Started by thereallyniceman

0 Oct 24

RSS

© 2018   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service