Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A Very Special Banjo

I'd like to share a recent addition to my banjo herd- the only known Paramount Style E 5-string.  The banjo was custom ordered by the class…

Started by John Cohen

7 Sep 4, 2015
Reply by thereallyniceman

"The Zither Banjo Hints on the Right Hand"... from Rhythm Magazine 1927

I have been hunting through my heaps of old mags trying to locate early BMG mags for Joel, but they are proving to be illusive! One mag th…

Started by thereallyniceman

4 Sep 3, 2015
Reply by Hal Allert

“The Works of Joe Morley Page” ... UPDATED

30 new solos added to the list.   Behind the scenes Rev. Anthony Peabody and I have been continuing with the mammoth task of creating audio…

3 Sep 3, 2015
Reply by Hal Allert

Napoleon's Last Charge (1910)...Edward Ellis.

This is an epic 6/8 march commemorating Napoleon's defeat at Waterloo. Each part has a short written narrative, taken from the piano score,…

Started by Steve Harrison

1 Sep 2, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

A mega-rare Sam Collins recording for us to enjoy!

Late last year we had a discussion post about Syd Turner, friend of Morley, Tarrant Bailey Snr. Clifford Essex et. al.   Syd Turner recordi…

12 Aug 27, 2015
Reply by Jody Stecher

Rob's Workshop @ Whitby

Excellent turn out for Rob's workshop yesterday morning. Lots of new faces and great to see Helmut and Tom (with his new Weaver). We worked…

Started by David Wade

0 Aug 27, 2015

Old B.M.Gs

Hi Folks, I recently came into (temporally) possession of thee issues of the BMG from the mid 20s (March 1926, April 1926 and November 1925…

Started by Joel Hooks

5 Aug 27, 2015
Reply by Joel Hooks

Holy Moses Rag (1906)...Cy Seymour aka William Conrad Polla

This  is a lively early rag with some nice staccato syncopation. Cy Seymour is a pseudonym for W.C.Polla who was a prolific composer of  A…

0 Aug 26, 2015

Bumble (two Step) (1907)...Will L. Livernash

This is a lively 6/8 march that sounds to me like all the other 6/8 marches all rolled into one. It's the second arrangement I've done of…

0 Aug 24, 2015

Belle Of The Cakewalk (1897)...Lawrence B. O'Connor

This is an early CW that I spotted as part of Carrie's video display that accompanied her recording of Eli Green's Cake Walk. It's a catc…

0 Aug 24, 2015

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service