Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What You Missed at The Fall ABF Rally (2016)

We had a fantastic American Banjo Fraternity Rally!  The turnout was huge, one of the biggest in years.  Everyone was playing fantastically…

Started by Joel Hooks

2 Oct 23, 2016
Reply by Richard William Ineson

The Darkies' Drill (1902)....Agnes Melville

This is a catchy, early cakewalk and only one of three pieces of music published by the composer about whom I've been unable to find any in…

Started by Steve Harrison

2 Oct 22, 2016
Reply by Steve Harrison

Chris Sands' Strings vs. Aquila Strings

Hello all. Elderly Instruments has been out of the Sands' strings for sometime for reasons unknown to me. I need some strings and am used t…

Started by Hal Allert

1 Oct 21, 2016
Reply by Jody Stecher

Skeleton Dance Piano MIDI

Does anyone happen to have a MIDI file of the piano accompaniment to Norton Greenop's Skeleton Dance?  If you do & would be willing to…

Started by Andy Chase

5 Oct 21, 2016
Reply by Hal Allert

Outdoor banjo

I keep hearing that skin-head banjos (and also nylon strings) are weather sensitive.  I haven't noticed this living in a temperate English…

Started by carrie horgan

10 Oct 19, 2016
Reply by Richard William Ineson

The Coon Band Parade (1906)..James Reece Europe

This is a very good made for banjo cake walk. To my ears, some of it has the sound of an A.J. Weidt tune, especially the second part. The b…

4 Oct 17, 2016
Reply by Trapdoor2

China Town My China Town (1910)...Jean Schwartz.

This is another of my favourite early popular songs. As with my previous offering, Margie, it was a staple in the repertoire of most of the…

1 Oct 12, 2016
Reply by Jody Stecher

Weaver Banjo. Help please

I received this email from a site member.. any suggestions please" Hello I have a Weaver banjo built in the period about 1895-1900 which i…

Started by thereallyniceman

4 Oct 12, 2016
Reply by Sergio Leonardi

UK MIDLANDS BANJO FESTIVAL "THIS SATURDAY"

OUR EVENTS PAGE HAS HAD THE INCORRECT DATE FOR THE UK BANJO FESTIVAL.   "PLEASE NOTE" THE FESTIVAL IS THIS SATURDAY,  8TH OCTOBER 2016   Ve…

Started by thereallyniceman

2 Oct 11, 2016
Reply by thereallyniceman

The Dixie Rag (1908)...Al Lewis.

This is a cleverly written rag that plays around with the melody of Dixie. The trio, with its increase in tempo, is well worth a listen and…

2 Oct 8, 2016
Reply by Steve Harrison

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service