Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Banjeaurine heads-where are they?

Hello all. I am playing my banjeaurine again and want to experiment with a different head. Mine has a 13" skin head and sounds rather 'thum…

Started by Hal Allert

3 Nov 19, 2016
Reply by Shawn McSweeny

NOUVEAU BéBé______________NEW BABE

Moi aussi , j 'ai un nouveau bébé ; i 've got a new baby , too ............... Talking with Richard , this beautiful 12 ' banjo is an unusu…

Started by marc dalmasso

3 Nov 19, 2016
Reply by Richard William Ineson

Reflection Rag (1917) Scott Joplin

You can't go wrong with a Joplin rag and this is no exception. As with my other recent Joplin arrangements, there are scores for Ist and 2n…

Started by Steve Harrison

4 Nov 18, 2016
Reply by Steve Harrison

Request received for Music

I received a request from new site member, Sally. Welcome Sally! "Have you ever heard or found a recording of Connecticut March? I thought…

Started by thereallyniceman

3 Nov 16, 2016
Reply by thereallyniceman

Gordon Dando and William Ball.

So in memory of Gordon Dando, and in the wake of his funeral yesterday in England, I’ve transferred and am posting here what must be among,…

Started by F. Chris Ware

9 Nov 14, 2016
Reply by F. Chris Ware

Did Fred Van Eps make a fortune playing the banjo?

Can YOU become wealthy by playing the banjo?   Fred Van Eps, as we know, was one of the world’s greatest banjo players performing and recor…

0 Nov 13, 2016

William J Ball LPs on Ebay for the collectors.

Bill Ball LPs on UK Ebay: LINKS: Banjo Highlights Banjo Galaxy AND David Miles' classic style banjo arrangements: LINK: Pop Goes the…

0 Nov 13, 2016

A Breeze From Alabama (1902)....Scott Joplin

This is another of my favourite Joplin tunes and suggested by Ian. As with The Easy Winners, I've done a full arrangement with solo banjo,…

2 Nov 11, 2016
Reply by Steve Harrison

Gordon Dando

I have just heard the sad news that Gordon Dando passed away in hospital last Thursday after short illness. The funeral will be Thursday 10…

Started by David Wade

4 Nov 8, 2016
Reply by Mike Redman

A Black Bawl (1905)....Harry. C. Thompson.

This is described by the composer as a slow drag and to my ears, it's very Joplinesque in style. I've set the speed at what I think is abou…

0 Nov 5, 2016

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service