Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Silver Swan Rag (1914)...Scott Joplin

I wasn't sure how this would suit the banjo however the final arrangement is quite pleasing. It does sound much better on the banjo than th…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Jan 26, 2017

Another Strange Term

Well, here I go again. I am reading The Banjo Entertainers by Lowell Schreyer at the present and came across a minstrel banjoist, Tom Vaugh…

Started by Hal Allert

3 Jan 25, 2017
Reply by marc dalmasso

Looking for 12'' Weaver Banjos

Hi everybody, for a couple of years I have been looking for a 12'' Weaver without any luck, and I figured I'd post here asking if anybody h…

Started by John Cohen

0 Jan 22, 2017

Binks' Waltz (1905)...Scott Joplin.

Working on the principle that you can't have too many arrangements of a good tune, this is my offering. I took a lead from Hal and arranged…

1 Jan 19, 2017
Reply by Trapdoor2

Manuscript Paper Sizes

I have a rather large number of old banjo songs in the large format that piano players would use.  I have measured the covers at 260mm x 36…

Started by Hal Allert

19 Jan 15, 2017
Reply by Richard William Ineson

Polishing a rim

Hello again. I have disassembled my banjeaurine to clean it and put a Fiberskyn head on it. It is a spun-over rim and very badly tarnished.…

Started by Hal Allert

14 Jan 15, 2017
Reply by thereallyniceman

March Majestic (1902)

This is a catchy 6/8 march and very un-Joplin like with no hint of ragtime. It suits the banjo very well. In the piano score, the Melody fo…

12 Jan 12, 2017
Reply by Hal Allert

Auld Lang Syne

Greetings and Happy and Healthy New Year to All, Dear Friends. And speaking of new year, I started looking for a classic banjo rendering o…

Started by Thomas Edgar

3 Jan 9, 2017
Reply by Thomas Edgar

Dahomey-Is There Fun There With the Daughters?

Several songs have been written about Dahomey and even a play produced with that name. The poster announcing the London premiere of In Dah…

Started by Hal Allert

4 Jan 9, 2017
Reply by Trapdoor2

Senegambian Revels

I often wondered at the name "Senegambian". Here is a description from WikiWand" Senegambia, officially the Senegambia Confederation, was a…

Started by Hal Allert

0 Jan 5, 2017

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service