Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Shuffle Along- Joe Morley

I had read that Shuffle Along was a Joe Morley arrangement of themes from the hit 1921 Broadway musical of the same name, but in listening…

Started by John Cohen

0 Oct 7, 2016

This is what I'm working on at present, hope to have got it ready for next year.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5_0dGCXH7g" Sep 26

Started by Richard William Ineson

2 Oct 6, 2016
Reply by John Cohen

Wrong date for MBF

I've just noticed that the date is incorrect on the MBF listing...it is not a week Sunday but this Saturday. All the usual things - stalls,…

Started by David Wade

0 Oct 5, 2016

Who made this banjo

I just won this one on Ebay and am curious as to who made it.  My initial thoughts were that it could be one of the Weaver banjos made by S…

Started by John Cohen

15 Oct 2, 2016
Reply by Joel Hooks

CLASSIC BANJO DONATIONS THERMOMETER

I would like to thank everyone who has made donations so far and the total is increasing well...BUT please do not worry if your donation do…

Started by thereallyniceman

3 Sep 29, 2016
Reply by Jody Stecher

Baltimore Buck (1905)...Harry brown.

This is a very melodious two step with a nice trio. I given it a banjo friendly make over and it works well. The score and midi are in the…

Started by Steve Harrison

2 Sep 28, 2016
Reply by Steve Harrison

A REQUEST FOR HELP FROM OUR SITE VISITORS.

A REQUEST FOR HELP FROM OUR VISITORS.   I have run the Classic-banjo.ning.com website for almost 6 years and all the website developments a…

1 Sep 26, 2016
Reply by Sylvia

Classic Banjo sighting...movies.

Some of us are of an age where they might have lived thru the "coonskin cap" fad of the 1950's. My elder brother was 10 when this movie cam…

Started by Trapdoor2

3 Sep 25, 2016
Reply by German David Patarroyo

Looking for an English Banjo

I'm on the market for a Clifford Essex Professional or a large pot (11.5"-12") Weaver. It's near impossible to find English banjos on the o…

Started by John Cohen

4 Sep 24, 2016
Reply by John Cohen

Anyone know this FVE solo??

I have been browsing and came across this photo of a 78 rpm record by the "Master", but have never heard, or even heard of, it before... an…

3 Sep 21, 2016
Reply by Trapdoor2

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service