They don't get much better than this.

A Banjo Galaxy by William J Ball

Banjo Highlights by William J Ball

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for bringing the second album to my attention!

I really lost a lot of music when my ipod finally died. I had all of Bill's stuff on it plus about 15 hrs of other banjo stuff. I could drive to Myrtle Beach and back and never hear the same piece twice. Of course, now we're retired here, in lockdown, and I average half-a-tank of gas every two months. I drive so little that I get only two or three tunes out of the radio between here and the grocery store.

I'm so out of the latest audio stuff, I don't know what I should do. Does one simply put all their music on their smartphone now (I have some stuff on there but about 32gb is clear) or is there a new device/player that is better?

LOL, I found two moving boxes (very heavy) the other day. Stuffed full of 78rpm records. I rarely paid more than $0.25 for any given record...now they're worth $0.10 each (or less). I have yet to find one that isn't already on YouTube. ;-/

Yeah but the sound of a 78 rpm record on a turntable and even the simplest of old-time speakers is nicer to listen to than the same record on youtube.

Trapdoor2 said:

LOL, I found two moving boxes (very heavy) the other day. Stuffed full of 78rpm records. I rarely paid more than $0.25 for any given record...now they're worth $0.10 each (or less). I have yet to find one that isn't already on YouTube. ;-/

True. I have a 19-teens Brunswick console player and a big Victor. The Brunswick is much better sounding.

Although, portable MP3 players are still available, most people that I know just put everything on their phone. My home stereo can play MP3’s via a USB. So, I purchased a cheap MP3 playing FM transmitter (that plugs into my lighter socket) that reads USB’s and Micro SD Cards for my car. I think I paid less than $15 for it. It has worked great for years.

This isn’t the exact model that I have, but will give you a better idea of what I am talking about:

Trapdoor2 said:

I really lost a lot of music when my ipod finally died. I had all of Bill's stuff on it plus about 15 hrs of other banjo stuff. I could drive to Myrtle Beach and back and never hear the same piece twice. Of course, now we're retired here, in lockdown, and I average half-a-tank of gas every two months. I drive so little that I get only two or three tunes out of the radio between here and the grocery store.

I'm so out of the latest audio stuff, I don't know what I should do. Does one simply put all their music on their smartphone now (I have some stuff on there but about 32gb is clear) or is there a new device/player that is better?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service