John Willis has kindly sent two more of his own compositions for Classic Style Banjo.

and

I wonder who Joe can be??????

:-)

Both scores with a second banjo arrangement can be found in the MUSIC LIBRARY. You can hear them being played by John there too.

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Outstanding! The "Wild West", in my mind evokes the old TV western theme tunes I loved as a kid. Fits right in.

"Thanks Joe" is such a delight! My favorite of the bunch. It has all the neat little raggy bits it ought to, just enough whimsey. Reminds me of some of the more modern rags written in the 50's.

Thanks John Willis!

Hi John, you've captured the essence of the 'old masters' very well whilst creating something uniquely yours.....Steve.

Ok, I've been messing around with "Thanks Joe".

What's up with the third part? It is notated essentially in double-time but John plays it at the same pace as the rest (which sounds great). In order to resolve the apparent mismatch of tempo I have to either add a half-speed tempo marking to the Trio or re-score it for crotchets and quavers instead of quavers and semi-quavers.

As the original sheet presented here has the 3rd part crunched up on the bottom of the page, I re-set it in Musescore. I matched the tempo with John's playing...but when the system gets to the 3rd part, it plays it as written, which is twice the speed of the first two parts.

Very easy to simply change tempo for the 3rd part...but I think it would be better to re-score it. I'm making tab, anyway (of course) so we'll see what I come up with.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service