This is another very good early cakewalk by a composer about whom I could find no information. There are two other compositions attributed to him but I've been unable to locate a score for either of them. The score and midi are in the library...Steve.

Views: 78

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cool tune, well done!
I think I've mentioned before that I'm a big fan of the "oriental foxtrot", a craze of the early 20s. All this one needs is a "snake charmer" quote and it would qualify...

Hi Marc, thanks for your comment, it's well written cake walk but despite my best efforts, I've still been unable to find any info about the composer or the other two published scores.  I'll see if I can find some more banjo friendly oriental foxtrots, I've got plenty of time at present having spent last weekend in hospital having surgery to repair a ruptured tendon in my left knee...ouch!...I'll be hobbling around for the next ten weeks wearing a knee brace until everything hopefully heals...All the best..Steve. 
Trapdoor2 said:

Cool tune, well done!
I think I've mentioned before that I'm a big fan of the "oriental foxtrot", a craze of the early 20s. All this one needs is a "snake charmer" quote and it would qualify...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service