The Midnight Whirl..1909..Malvin M. Franklyn & Anotol Friedland

This is an extremely good composition that is quite different from the conventional ragtime formula. I had to work hard to arrive at an arrangement that would work on banjo but I'm pleased with the end result. I was unable to obtain a title page for the original score. The score and midi are in the library...Steve.

Views: 77

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's a cool tune I haven't heard before.  I think Malvin Franklyn also wrote 'Hot Chocolate', another catchy ragtime tune.

Hi Carrie, there's an arrangement of Hot chocolate in the library written by our late friend, Hal Allert. There's also Elephant Rag which I did some time back, another good rag by Franklyn that strays from the usual ragtime formula. As you've mentioned chocolate, have a look/listen to my arrangement of The Chocolate Cake Walk by James Fairfield......Steve.
carrie horgan said:

That's a cool tune I haven't heard before.  I think Malvin Franklyn also wrote 'Hot Chocolate', another catchy ragtime tune.

Thanks Steve.  I hadn't heard Elephant Rag before - another catchy one! 

Steve Harrison said:

Hi Carrie, there's an arrangement of Hot chocolate in the library written by our late friend, Hal Allert. There's also Elephant Rag which I did some time back, another good rag by Franklyn that strays from the usual ragtime formula. As you've mentioned chocolate, have a look/listen to my arrangement of The Chocolate Cake Walk by James Fairfield......Steve.
carrie horgan said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service