Hi everyone. I'm new to this site, and I haven't been checking in all that often to Hal's classic banjo site, nevertheless, I appreciated the invite, and am glad to have found this site. It's stilll early on this news, but I thought I'd let you know that the new American Banjo Museum will be opening in the historic Bricktown district of Oklahoma City this summer (expected grand opening in September). I've recently accepted a position as assistant director, and so I will be leaving Montgomery, Alabama (after 21 years here) and heading to Oklahoma about June.
The museum will be vast and very impressive, three levels, 21,000 sq. ft, with interactive banjo displays, animatronics, archives, a performance theatre, a Shakey's pizza room, gift and coffee shop, and will feature all styles of the banjo. The centerpiece of the museum's collection will initially be over 300 very high end 4-string banjos, but plans are to expand on the instrument collection to include all genres. I'll keep everyone posted as things progress.

I've enjoyed the videos that have been posted here so far. If I get some time, I may post some clips from some of my past performances. Someone recently stole my video camera, so I am unable to film anything new at the moment.

best regards,

Doug Back
www.douglasback.com

Views: 178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations on the new job! Is this a 're-invention' of the Guthrie Banjo Museum?

Ah...I've answered my own question. Glad to see the Guthrie is moving into great new digs and finally accepting the existance of the 5-string. ;-)

I guess we all need to become members!
Trapdoor2 said:
Congratulations on the new job! Is this a 're-invention' of the Guthrie Banjo Museum?

Ah...I've answered my own question. Glad to see the Guthrie is moving into great new digs and finally accepting the existance of the 5-string. ;-)

I guess we all need to become members!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service