This is another of the Paragon Ragtime Orchestra's tunes (MP3 attached) taken from the CD of the same name. It makes a good banjo solo but in my opinion would probably sound better played as a duet. It follows the orignal score closely but I had to be inventive with the 3rd part to arrive at a suitable arrangement that would suit the banjo. The Paragon MP3 is attached for those who may wish to make a comparison.   The score and midi are in the library...Steve.

Views: 179

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very nice!

I love that cover...but it looks so modern.

Most rags (at least the ones I've been playing with) sound better as duets or trios. Of course, it allows more broader application of the original piano harmonies...but it adds the often all important left hand rhythm. Since I tend to play the Cello Banjo a lot, I can't help but toss that in too.

I'm currently working on "Freckles Rag" by Larry Buck (aka Laurent Dublecet). The introduction is almost impossible on one banjo...and damn difficult using the orchestra!

Hi Marc, thanks for your comment. What I try to do with most of my arrangements is to combine both the LH and RH sections of the piano score by adding a few chords here and there or by inserting some of the bass runs to fill the gaps in the music....Steve.  

Trapdoor2 said:

Very nice!

I love that cover...but it looks so modern.

Most rags (at least the ones I've been playing with) sound better as duets or trios. Of course, it allows more broader application of the original piano harmonies...but it adds the often all important left hand rhythm. Since I tend to play the Cello Banjo a lot, I can't help but toss that in too.

I'm currently working on "Freckles Rag" by Larry Buck (aka Laurent Dublecet). The introduction is almost impossible on one banjo...and damn difficult using the orchestra!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service