This is a rare ragtime gem by one of the many female composers. Williams composed a handful of tunes and worked as a jobbing musician playing piano and organ as well as being employed in the music dept. of a store in Kansas City, other than that, I could nothing further about her. Despite the uninspiring title, it's a well written example of ragtime and makes use of some interesting syncopation. The piano score was in C however I arranged it in F as it better fits the banjo. The score and midi are in the library....Steve.

Views: 76

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like there are at least five Rags attributed to her...including one of my favorites, "Pig Ankle Rag". I hope you try them all, this is a good one.

"Snipe hunting" is an idiom for a useless/silly quest...at least it is over here. As a Boy Scout, the uninformed/new member would be taken on a snipe hunt.

Hi Marc, I've never head the expression in the UK but at least it explains the tune title and title page. I do have a half 
completed arrangement of Pig Ankles and I also have Cold Feet Rag in my to do folder....Steve.
Trapdoor2 said:

Looks like there are at least five Rags attributed to her...including one of my favorites, "Pig Ankle Rag". I hope you try them all, this is a good one.

"Snipe hunting" is an idiom for a useless/silly quest...at least it is over here. As a Boy Scout, the uninformed/new member would be taken on a snipe hunt.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service