Over the years I have been collecting original cylinder and 78rpm recordings of the great players of the Classic Banjo style. With the help of site members, too many to thank individually, I have today made my database of tunes available for everyone to play online or use the FREE download to play on their computer in their favourite software.

Included here are both Commercial and LIVE recordings by amateur and professional players.

There are even RARE recordings of great players possibly not heard before!

and how many people have heard this Fred Van Eps Interview before??

Simply chose a "Performer" or select from the "Album" list to view the tracks. If you are looking for a particular track use the "Keyword Search" to locate the recording.

I hope that you enjoy this NEW resource and I would particularly like to thank all those who have supplied tracks and offered their help in the "proof-reading" of this mammoth task!

If anyone can help identify the tracks that are still untitled, particularly in the "Fred Van Eps plays Live Vol.1" album, I would be delighted to hear from you!

I hope that you enjoy all these recordings, as much time, sweat and many tears have gone into producing this collection!

Ian,

thereallyniceman

Views: 386

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ian : You've done a sensational job organizing this latest section of the site.

If you don't mind another correction : In the Tom Barriball Collection,  Honolulu Cakewalk is incorrectly attributed to Ossman, ( one of several such misattributions by his English publisher ). 

HC was composed by J. W. Lerman 

(piano score copyright and published by N. Weinstein, 953 Broadway, NYC, 1899; English Copyright Secured).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service