Hi everyone!

I just thought I would let everyone know that Stringsdirect.UK have ordered some LaBella 17s for me. £5.99 a pack, which is cheaper than other online retailers I've found. I've suggested that they should get a few in stock. So if that's your fancy then check them out.

STRINGS DIRECT La Bella nylon strings

Views: 1316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am getting confused by gauges etc, I reckon I shall just buy La Bella 17s and get used to them, I did think they were rather expensive but, I have been quoted some eye watering prices for singles in gauges I dont even pretend to understand !

Trapdoor2 said:

I have the same list, Steve. No gauges, inscrutable list of strings and prices from 2018.

How did y'all get a list with gauges? I'm sending a query back...

Attachments:

Im basically gonna get some gut just to experience them. 

Thanks Steve!

I did get the 'varnished and unvarnished gut' listing...with gauges. Came in this morning. I think having the nylon gauges will complete the set!

===Marc

Steve Harrison said:

Trapdoor2 said:

I have the same list, Steve. No gauges, inscrutable list of strings and prices from 2018.

How did y'all get a list with gauges? I'm sending a query back...

Interesting question. If they are not "true enough" for use on a fretted instrument, did Clem have them ground true? I can't imagine he would do that. I have played several sets of CE guts and they seemed fine to me...though I'm not nearly as critical as you are (I got new hearing aids. Maybe I'll hear something now!).

I did get confirmation that Bow Brand did not supply the wound 4ths to CE. Anybody have a guess where they were sourced?

Joel Hooks said:

My next question is, are they true?  Harp strings wound not need to be as they are not fretted.

The wound 4ths probably came fro. Picato which is where he got his nylon strings from.

I understood that CE sourced their strings from Picato too, as did Chris Sands, I found upon enquiry that this company too seem to have ceased trading

John Deller said:

The wound 4ths probably came fro. Picato which is where he got his nylon strings from.

The Clifford Essex wound 4ths were/are wound with Monel which lasts a long time, they also sound very good. The best wound 4ths of the past were the Clifford Essex 'copper polished' 4ths which lasted a week if you were lucky but sounded wonderful

John Deller said:

Hi Nick, I emailed them, they are still going.

nick stephens said:

I understood that CE sourced their strings from Picato too, as did Chris Sands, I found upon enquiry that this company too seem to have ceased trading

John Deller said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service