This is a first rate composition written by one of Ragtime's most prolific composers who produced an extraordinary body of work. Needless to say, it's another of my recent favourites and is worth a listen and play. Turkish Towel Rag, also by Allen, which I arranged some years ago, is also in the library and is also worth checking out. The score and midi are in the library...Steve.

Views: 80

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well done! Allen wrote some excellent stuff and much of it is banjo friendly.

Walter Jacobs published many of Allen's rags (~35 of them) in his "Easy Folios" arranged for banjo back in the day. I think Joel has put the folio scans up at the Internet Archive. Most of the Easy Folios have 2nd Banjo parts too.

Next week at the ABF rally, Drew Frech is running thru 13 of the Jacobs-published Allen pieces...I'm looking forward to hearing them!

Hi Marc, Thanks for your kind comment, I've another Allen tune ready to go and it should be posted soon...Steve.

Trapdoor2 said:

Well done! Allen wrote some excellent stuff and much of it is banjo friendly.

Walter Jacobs published many of Allen's rags (~35 of them) in his "Easy Folios" arranged for banjo back in the day. I think Joel has put the folio scans up at the Internet Archive. Most of the Easy Folios have 2nd Banjo parts too.

Next week at the ABF rally, Drew Frech is running thru 13 of the Jacobs-published Allen pieces...I'm looking forward to hearing them!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service