Hi,

Does anyone one know if the Classic Banjo Podcasts from the now defunct classicbanjo.com are still hosted anywhere?

Thanks!

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was in discussions with Hal regarding hosting much of his site content over here on Ning, when he sadly died.

Here is the only Podcast that I hold:

CHARLIE ROGERS Hal Allert Podcast

Thanks! I have a MP3 copy of his podcast “Banjos On Their Saddlehorns” if you’d like a copy?

Hi Milwaukee.

I would like a copy of the Podcast MP3 please. What size is it? If you can email it to thereallyniceman@yahoo.co.uk that would be great.  I will also post it on here.

Ian

It looks to be 18.9 MB.

I just sent it to you via an email.

Please let me know if you get it.

Thank you Milwaukee.

Here it is:

BANJOS ON THEIR SADDLEHORNS Hal Allert Podcast

Glad that it has now once again been made available for others to hear!

being a radio fan I enjoyed these two podcasts very much indeed, I also like the Clifford Essex autobiography Pierrot Heroes on the Seaside Follies site, I wish there were more available, thank you for posting.

I’ll have to check out Seaside Follies site. I’d love to learn about the Pierrot Heroes!

nick stephens said:

being a radio fan I enjoyed these two podcasts very much indeed, I also like the Clifford Essex autobiography Pierrot Heroes on the Seaside Follies site, I wish there were more available, thank you for posting.

Clifford Essex wrote a series of articles 'How I Started' about his Pierrot activities, in the B.M.G. magazine from October 1916 onwards. Essex' chronology was a bit awry but I tidied this up in my joint (with Anthony Peabody) biography of Joe Morley (who was a CE Pierrot for some years). Both the relevant B.M.G. magazines and the JM bio are available on this site. I intend to write a more detailed account of the CE Pierrots with some new information about Kate Sampey (The Lady Banjoist) as soon as time permits. The formation of a Pierrot troupe was a good idea which caught on with many other banjo players and entertainers, such as Will Pepper, and Will Catlin. The seaside Pierrots lasted a long time all over the UK, I saw a performance by a Pierrot troupe in Morecambe in c1961, 70years after Essex came up with the idea.

Richard, I would love to read anything and everything you may care to write down re; Pierrot troupes, my interest in this style of banjo stems from my interest with this particular period in history when everybody who had the means owned and played a banjo, at the risk of offending many of our friends here I find it to be a peculiarly British fascination, all of society played banjos even, royalty so I think we have a very rich history to explore. Please bring it on !

Richard William Ineson said:

Clifford Essex wrote a series of articles 'How I Started' about his Pierrot activities, in the B.M.G. magazine from October 1916 onwards. Essex' chronology was a bit awry but I tidied this up in my joint (with Anthony Peabody) biography of Joe Morley (who was a CE Pierrot for some years). Both the relevant B.M.G. magazines and the JM bio are available on this site. I intend to write a more detailed account of the CE Pierrots with some new information about Kate Sampey (The Lady Banjoist) as soon as time permits. The formation of a Pierrot troupe was a good idea which caught on with many other banjo players and entertainers, such as Will Pepper, and Will Catlin. The seaside Pierrots lasted a long time all over the UK, I saw a performance by a Pierrot troupe in Morecambe in c1961, 70years after Essex came up with the idea.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2021   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service