I started this one years ago but somehow got sidetracked and only had the A part done.

Here's the whole thing in tab (dots are in the library already) and an mp3 to listen to.

Very easy tune, nice and pretty. Good triplet practice!

It had no tempo markings, so I've left that up to you. The mp3 is at a moderate tempo. Easily could be brisker than that!

Views: 253

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Anything by Weidt is worth a play through.  I have to admit that I tend to avoid schottisches. They can be a bit corny.

But I'll give this one another look!

Corny...LOL.

This one is probably fairly high on the corn scale. It isn't a particularly memorable melody. I just discovered I hadn't finished it. It is also pretty easy...another thing I like.

I tend to like Schottisches because a good one has 'bounce'. I've avoided many because earlier software packages were miserable at entering dotted rhythms. Musescore has a pretty speedy work-around, so I've been going back and checking out some of those 'avoided' pieces.

I had been working my way thru Weidt and I often would key in just the A part to get a feel for the piece. I'm going back thru those unfinished bits right now and finishing them up. More to follow this one!

Next!

"Hodge Podge, A Symphonic Syncopation" again, by Capt. Weidt, channeling "Dill Pickles".

Interesting syncopations in the Trio.

Attachments:

Well, that certainly sounds like a complete rip off of Dill Pickles, or should we be kind and say it's an homage? Love that Trio, though!

The trio sounds like a rip off of the trio in Botsford's 'Grizzley Bear', maybe Weidt hinted that he was 'lifting' a few things when he called this 'Hodge Podge' ?

Rob MacKillop said:

Well, that certainly sounds like a complete rip off of Dill Pickles, or should we be kind and say it's an homage? Love that Trio, though!

I am pretty sure that the title indicates just as you say. A bit of this, a bit of that. 

Richard William Ineson said:

The trio sounds like a rip off of the trio in Botsford's 'Grizzley Bear', maybe Weidt hinted that he was 'lifting' a few things when he called this 'Hodge Podge' ?

Rob MacKillop said:

Agreed.

Last one in this run of Weidt-ness:

"The Speedway Galop"

Dots are in the library, as usual.

Oops. I had to delete the tab...it came thru looking odd for some reason. Will have to sort it out later and post it separately. Sorry!

Attachments:

Ok, here's the tab...

Attachments:

Thank you Marc,

I have added your Tablature and MP3 files to the MUSIC LIBRARY.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service