Randy Dary sent his Classic Banjo arrangement of "O Come lIttle Children" by Johann Schulz.

I have always liked this tune and it was one of my favourites when my Handbell ringing team played Christmas concerts.

I have added a player button of a MIDI file that was created using a sampled "soundfont" of my 11" nylon strung Weaver banjo. 

O COME, LITTLE CHILDREN arr. Randy Dary

If you don't know about "Sound fonts" there is a previous discussion post here explaining the process:  Creating a sampled midi instrument

You can download Randy's arrangement as I have added it to the MUSIC LIBRARY.

Views: 123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Randy, what a delightful arrangement of an equally delightful tune. It's one I'd not heard before but it's already on my playlist....Steve.

Now for the errata!  which some of you will have figured out already.  The only glaring one, or four depending how you look at it, are the seemingly random numbers in measure 38. They were actually supposed to go to measure 35, the one directly above 38.  I think this happened when I enlarged the size.  Therefore, in measure 35, C is Left Hand 2nd finger, G is 4, E is 3 (the 3 is mostly hidden in mess. 38) and the final G is open (0).  I would have just indicated a barre on 5th fret except that I don't think a barre is really appropriate.

The only other odd thing is the dot under the final chord. It is just a plain mistake.  I play this arpeggio with my thumb, so + would have been better.  You can play it however you wish.

Sorry for the goofs.

Randy

Steve Harrison said:

Hi Randy, what a delightful arrangement of an equally delightful tune. It's one I'd not heard before but it's already on my playlist....Steve.

Randy Dary said:

Thanks, Steve! I needed to work something up for church and this fell into place pretty neatly. I could have done some other things in it, I suppose, but I can more or less handle this!

Steve Harrison said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service