Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist's Discussions (73)

Discussions Replied To (71) Replies Latest Activity

"what is the source of this photo? "

Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist replied Feb 20, 2015 to Vance Lowry and the classic banjo?

86 Sep 14, 2022
Reply by Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist

"Just to add a few things.  The Clef Club benefits were at formal concert venues like…"

Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist replied Feb 20, 2015 to Vance Lowry and the classic banjo?

86 Sep 14, 2022

"A bit busy being drawn back into the minstrel period and into efforts to character…"

86 Sep 14, 2022

"Blues playing is pretty easy with a five string banjo because so much of the guitar…"

Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist replied Feb 20, 2015 to Classic banjo and blues banjo

47 Feb 22, 2015
Reply by thereallyniceman

"Probably7 other Black banjoists played blues  in the pre WWI period  especially the…"

Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist replied Feb 20, 2015 to Classic banjo and blues banjo

47 Feb 22, 2015

"i WAS QUITE  disappointed in this book although I have only read reviews and looked…"

47 Feb 22, 2015

"Linn uses the term "classical" throughout her book, drawing upon Robert Webb as her…"

Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist replied Jun 5, 2013 to Basic banjo history ignored in classic banjo introduction (edited by moderator)

12 Jun 5, 2013
Reply by Mike Moss

"This has little to do with ME.  The focus on my research has not been on banjo origi…"

Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist replied Jun 5, 2013 to Basic banjo history ignored in classic banjo introduction (edited by moderator)

12 Jun 5, 2013
Reply by Mike Moss

"I did particularly enjoy the playing of those pieces, but why not just stick to the…"

Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist replied Jun 4, 2013 to Basic banjo history ignored in classic banjo introduction (edited by moderator)

12 Jun 5, 2013
Reply by Mike Moss

"His playing is wonderful,  but he doesn't know anything about the history, but it is…"

Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist replied Jun 4, 2013 to Basic banjo history ignored in classic banjo introduction (edited by moderator)

12 Jun 5, 2013
Reply by Mike Moss

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service