Uncategorized (263)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

BMG Summer School

Off to the summer school at Knutson Hall, near Northampton. I am in the Chris Sand's banjo group. It was great fun last year. I am sure it…

Started by Paul Tombs

2 Jun 10, 2011
Reply by Trevor Boyd

Free DeskTop Metronome

For anyone who feels that a metronome would be useful, have a look at this free download. http://www.nch.com.au/metronome/index.html Even a…

Started by Steve Harrison

2 Jun 10, 2011
Reply by Trevor Boyd

Old Jazz Band Photographs

I came across the interesting website which had  load of wonderful photographs, including one of Emile Grimshaw that I have never seen befo…

Started by thereallyniceman

0 Jun 10, 2011

Members with Skype

Are there any members who currently have Skype and who would like to form a Skype forum or something similar?  For those who don't have Sky…

5 May 31, 2011
Reply by thereallyniceman

A.C.Fairbanks Whyte Laydie No7

Shawn posted some beautiful pictures earlier today showing his Fairbanks Electric and Whyte Laydie banjos. My digital camera has died and I…

8 May 31, 2011
Reply by Mike Moss

Richard and his amazing Banjo

I have just been chatting to our friend Richard Ineson and his Bass Cello banjo. Richard says that the telephone has never stopped ringin…

6 May 29, 2011

Question regarding Plectrum Style and Classic Banjo

I received a message from a new member, Gary Carpenter, and thought that I would throw it open here as a Discussion for anyone's comments p…

2 May 25, 2011

Some new Scottish Banjo Quartet videos..

The Scottish Banjo Quartet were joined by Eric and Patricia Stefanelli last weekend so we took the opportunity to record some videos.   I h…

Started by Alan Ramsay

2 May 23, 2011
Reply by Trapdoor2

Rag Pickings

I've re-scored the above from the version that was on the other classic banjo site (minus the tab). I've omitted the coda and added the end…

1 May 22, 2011

Rose Leaves 2nd banjo?

Hi all,   did Morley ever write a 2nd banjo or piano part for Rose Leaves gavotte? I've been playing it, and while it's a very nice song so…

Started by Mike Moss

7 May 21, 2011
Reply by Sylvia

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service