Uncategorized (263)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Test photo shoot for sheet music...

Ok, here's a test pdf. I shot this a few hours ago and have finally gotten it pared down to size. Mistakes were made...you should see the o…

Started by Trapdoor2

15 May 20, 2009
Reply by Trapdoor2

Tempo

Does anybody know something about tempos for a "quickstep" as it would have been in 1880? Is this related to ragtime? I am speaking specifi…

Started by Tim Twiss

7 May 17, 2009
Reply by Trapdoor2

Albert Baur...

So, I just did a google search on "baur banjo" and found some interesting tidbits. The American National Archives has 28 pieces of sheet mu…

Started by Trapdoor2

5 May 17, 2009
Reply by Trapdoor2

Handy Hints for Classic Banjo Players

I thought it may be a good idea to share any tips or good ideas. Forgive me if they seem obvious, but they weren't obvious to me at one tim…

Started by thereallyniceman

11 May 13, 2009
Reply by Adam

Van Eps speaks of Ossman at a train station

Ian posted a link a while back: http://saggyrecordcabinet.blogspot.com/2009/02/fred-van-eps-1952.html I recommend it to all members. It's…

Started by Jody Stecher

2 May 12, 2009
Reply by Joel Hooks

Classic Banjo Database

Hello All: I've started work on a personal project to create a database of classic banjo songs. As others in this group might find such a…

Started by Adam

20 May 11, 2009
Reply by Adam

Available 19th Century Banjos

So I have been sort of shopping around with the idea of getting a new (old) jo. I will have to take a gamble and buy mail order. Dallas is…

Started by Joel Hooks

16 May 6, 2009
Reply by Rob MacKillop

WANTED: Van Eps Arrangement of Ragtime Oriole

Does any kind soul have a copy of the notation (not TAB) of the 1950's Van Eps arrangement of Ragtime Oriole composed by James Scott, which…

Started by thereallyniceman

7 May 6, 2009
Reply by Jody Stecher

Ridgeway Banjo Rally

Just back from Ridgeway - superb day, well done to Richard Ineson! Great to see plenty of player getting up and brilliant set of community…

Started by David Wade

2 May 4, 2009
Reply by Mike Redman

The Palladium March...tune of Summer?

Hi gang, I think someone suggested this as one of our "tune of the month" items. Perhaps this one will take some extra time, so maybe by S…

Started by Trapdoor2

0 Apr 26, 2009

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service