Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cork?

I've read of a "cork" placed between the dowel rod and head (perch and vellum?) but I've not seen it in action. Is this just a wine bottle…

Started by Joel Hooks

10 Apr 10, 2014
Reply by Steve Harrison

The Aviator Rag (1910)..Irene Mary Giblin

We've had the subject (aviation rag)), we've had the aeroplane so now it's time for the pilot! This is a very good rag by one of the lesser…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Apr 10, 2014

old banjo cylinder!

http://cylinders.library.ucsb.edu/mp3s/13000/13017/cusb-cyl13017d.mp3 Title: [Brown wax home recording of Swanee river with variations,…

Started by Jody Stecher

1 Apr 9, 2014
Reply by Mike Moss

The Aeroplane (1913)....Jack Glogau

Continuing on an aeronautical mode for Marc, here's another rare, if not unknown rag by someone of whom I'd never heard.. Glogau. From w…

5 Apr 8, 2014
Reply by Jody Stecher

Banjo Tone and Joe Morley's Banjo!!

It seems that even in 1965 Joe Morley's banjo was alive and well ! Here is an interesting article from the BMG of October 1965 The comment…

Started by thereallyniceman

11 Apr 6, 2014

The Minstrel Man (1911)..J.Russell Robinson

This is another rare ragtime tune ready for a new life.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Russel_Robinson This link will tell you a bit more…

8 Apr 4, 2014
Reply by Steve Harrison

Test for Ian

Whee, I have super powers!

Started by Jody Stecher

2 Apr 3, 2014
Reply by Jody Stecher

Dots request: Parke Hunter's "The Last Patrol"...

So, I was listening to this on one of "The Old 78's" recordings and thought, "cool tune, need to mess about with it." Anyone willing to sha…

Started by Trapdoor2

1 Apr 2, 2014
Reply by Trapdoor2

Aviation Rag (1910)..Mark Janza (aka A. F. Marzian)

This a superb classic ragtime tune and very reminiscent of what used to be played at the old silent movies. There are quite a few versions…

2 Mar 31, 2014
Reply by Steve Harrison

Notation anomalies in Morley's "Florida Cracker"

I've been practicing a Banjo Solo composed by Joe Morley called "Florida Cracker".  I've worked out most of the puzzles that the notation p…

Started by Jody Stecher

7 Mar 31, 2014
Reply by Jody Stecher

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service