Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cotton Time (March &Two Step) 1910..Charles N. Daniels.

This is another well written rag from Daniels, it has plenty of variety and I particularly like his use of block chords in the third part (…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Feb 29

Park Crescent March for Banjo, Banjeaurine, and Second Banjo

I just got this arrangement of the Park Crescent March "Concert Edition" with an added Banjeaurine part that I thought our friends on the o…

Started by Joel Hooks

2 Feb 29
Reply by thereallyniceman

The Vienna Rag (Cake Walk à la "Strauss")..1905..Paul Ruben

This a well written rag in which the composer was influenced by the music of Strauss. Apart from the usual suspects, I'm not familiar with …

0 Feb 24

Aaron Jonah Lewis playing my favourite Rag!

Here is another from Aaron and friends at the New England Conservatory "Ragtime Banjo Revival" on November 21st 2023. Grace and Beauty by J…

Started by thereallyniceman

0 Feb 21

Clowne banjo rally

Does anyone know whether the Clowne Banjo rally will be happening this year?  It is usually in May, but I have not heard anything about it…

Started by Anthony Peabody

2 Feb 21
Reply by thereallyniceman

Borneo Rag (An Oriental Pastime)..1911..Neil Moret aka Charles N. Daniels

This a fine example of an oriental style rag from Daniels. If you follow my suggested fingering, it's not too challenging to play. I've inc…

0 Feb 21

Aaron Jonah Lewis and yet another amazing performance!

Many thanks to Aaron and the rest of the ensemble:

Started by thereallyniceman

0 Feb 20

The Diablo Rag (A Rag Fantasie) 1908..Dorothy Ingersol Wahl

This is one of my experimental arrangements of tune that you wouldn't normally expect to hear played on the banjo. The composer was a Vaude…

0 Feb 18

WINDSOR POPULAR N°1.

Can anyone tell me about the Windsor Popular N°1? When was it produced and how was it marketed? Is it considered to be a good playing instr…

Started by IAN SALTER

9 Feb 17
Reply by Eric STEFANELLI

Goblins(Grand Gallop De Concert) 1915..Harry J. Lincoln

This aptly described tune makes a good banjo solo that 'gallops' away apace.  The piano score was written in Eb/Ab, I've arranged it for ba…

0 Feb 13

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service