Classic Banjo (2,654)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

UK CLASSIC BANJO PLAYER, GORDON DANDO, IS 90 YEARS OLD TODAY !

UK classic banjo enthusiast and player  Gordon Dando is 90 years old  TODAY 9th February 2012. All who know him, please post your best wis…

Started by thereallyniceman

5 Jun 2, 2012

OLD SWANEE RAG

I've added the tune in the keys of D and G major which makes it a bit easier to play.

Started by Steve Harrison

0 May 29, 2012

Heavy Gauge Strings

Hi All          I am new to Classic Banjo after playing Bluegrass style for a few years with picks.        One day I came across a piece ca…

Started by Mel Turner

3 May 22, 2012
Reply by Mike Moss

Banjo Mandolin and Guitar Orchestras

I found this VERY rare radio recording, made in 1951, of the BBC Radio programme “In Town Tonight” featuring the Gloucester BMG Orchestra.…

0 May 19, 2012

MIDI'S AVAILABLE

I can provide an exact midi of any of my arrangements if anyone wants one. It might be useful if you want to give one the tunes a try out.…

2 May 19, 2012
Reply by Steve Harrison

Day 3. Final banjo night at the symphony

This time we  had a different guide bring us up to the lobby for our pre-concert Banjo Blast, You will recall that on Night 1 we were posit…

Started by Jody Stecher

6 May 18, 2012
Reply by Richard William Ineson

MIDI'S AVAILABLE

I can provide an exact midi of any of my arrangements if anyone wants one. It might be useful if you want to give one the tunes a try out.…

0 May 18, 2012

RAGTIME ARRANGEMENTS FOR CLASSIC BANJO, by Steve Harrison

For some time now our friend and site member Steve Harrison has been working on numerous Ragtime arrangements for Classic Style Banjo. I as…

4 May 18, 2012
Reply by Steve Harrison

Eboby banjo wedges

Whilst looking for a cheap source of ebony to make banjo wedges, I came across the following website. .http://www.earlswoodinteriors.co.uk/

3 May 18, 2012
Reply by Steve Harrison

Thanks to Rob Murch ! JUKEBOX for members' Audio Recordings

Now that we have our new JUKEBOX up and running I thought that I would post to explain how I hope that we can all make use of it. NING don…

1 May 15, 2012
Reply by Rob Murch

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service