Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Composer: William Hunter

Steve Harrison has been browsing the University Libraries around the world to find interesting tunes for, or suitable for, banjo and has fo…

Started by thereallyniceman

0 Nov 23, 2012

Tremolo tutorial - new version

A tutorial on tremolo for Classic fingerstyle five-string banjo   About a year ago, I made a tutorial on tremolo in which I explained the f…

Started by Mike Moss

11 Nov 23, 2012
Reply by thereallyniceman

Newbie (sort of) looking for some banjo tips

Hi All,      New to the forum but have been playing a few classic pieces for several years and am now working on some more.  I've been usin…

Started by Paul Bock

2 Nov 22, 2012
Reply by Paul Bock

PORTO RICO by Ford T. Dabney

Some time ago Steve Harrison and I arranged Ford T. Dabney’s Georgia Grind for Classic Banjo and I posted a video of it. I really liked the…

2 Nov 21, 2012
Reply by Steve Harrison

Test Post..please ignore

Test post thereallyniceman: Article56-Lawes-1.pdf

0 Nov 20, 2012

Dave Hum has passed away

I am sorry to bring the sad news that our fellow site member and phenomenal banjoist Dave Hum died on November 14th, 2012. If you wish to s…

Started by Mike Moss

3 Nov 19, 2012
Reply by Steve Harrison

More Ragtime arrangements by Steve Harrison

While I have been upgrading our hosting server I have not been able to upload any files but Steve has been busy producing more arrangements…

1 Nov 15, 2012
Reply by Steve Harrison

SERVER UPGRADE CURRENTLY TAKING PLACE

Over the course of the next week I will be changing our hosting service for the domain www.classic-banjo.com.  This server holds the files…

3 Nov 15, 2012
Reply by thereallyniceman

Miss May Darrell,worlds greatisit lady banjoist(?!) and her riley baker.

I recently purchased an all metal Riley Baker zither banjo. Vic Godley,who i bought it from,aquired it in the 1970s from Tony,the grandson…

Started by skip sail

12 Nov 15, 2012
Reply by skip sail

Mechanical banjo mutes

So yesterday I was using a mute on my banjo (first time I used a mute in a long time) and I noticed that the tone I got was very effective…

Started by Mike Moss

24 Nov 12, 2012
Reply by Jody Stecher

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service