Classic Banjo (2,663)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Weaver Banjo Help Needed!

It is a couple of weeks since I bought my Weaver 11” banjo and I am having a few little niggles with the set-up, so I wonder if anyone coul…

Started by thereallyniceman

5 Feb 8, 2013
Reply by thereallyniceman

clifford essex banjos

Hello - I was looking up Clifford Essex banjos as I'm doing a little research into banjos that would be suitable for learning classic-style…

Started by carrie horgan

13 Feb 7, 2013

Which nylgut strings? (newbie question)

Greetings all,      I will be taking delivery soon on a 1925 Vega Style N 5-string conversion and want to start using nylgut strings.  As I…

Started by Paul Bock

34 Feb 3, 2013
Reply by marc dalmasso

Gibson Florentine Bass Banjo

Anyone want a new challenge?  Simply sell your house and get this: Help support John Bernunzio's retirement fund: You know that you want it…

0 Feb 3, 2013

Funny that !!!

As some of you know, my background is classical guitar. In all the time ive been playing, i have only ever used my nails. Whenever i break…

Started by julian egan

3 Feb 2, 2013

NING Cache fault and missing post

I don't know if others have noticed but It appears that NING have had a page caching error that has affected the population of the MAIN pag…

0 Jan 31, 2013

vintagebanjomaker.com

Has anyone had problems accessing the above. My security software (BullGuard) keeps blocking it as high risk. I've spoken with Norman, the…

Started by Steve Harrison

3 Jan 30, 2013
Reply by marc dalmasso

CE strings !!

Hi Peeps, my new CE medium nylon strings have just landed. Ive never changed banjo strings before, let alone changed to nylon and theyre th…

Started by julian egan

8 Jan 26, 2013
Reply by julian egan

TODAY: THE CLIFFORD ESSEX STORY ON BBC RADIO 4

The story of Clifford Essex and his troupe of Pierrots is to be broadcast today on BBC Radio 4. This is part 1 of a 3 part series.  I don't…

1 Jan 25, 2013
Reply by Mike Moss

Ebony Echoes (1915) by Dan Walker

Ian has  added the above to the library plus the midi. It's another rare but very melodic cake walk. There are some unusual chord progressi…

Started by Steve Harrison

1 Jan 24, 2013

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service