Classic Banjo (2,655)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fred Van Eps in 1959

I have no details, but found this photo that I hadn't seen before. My hero!

Started by thereallyniceman

7 Apr 21, 2013
Reply by Jody Stecher

Oh Dat Possum Rag (1910)

This is another request from Robert Dooley. It's a catchy ragtime song and as with many of the era, the words would raise quite a few eyebr…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Apr 20, 2013

TRANSCRIPTION HELP NEEDED… Anyone got a good ear?

A long time ago Jody sent me a hand written notation/transcription of Grace and Beauty as played by Fred Van Eps. GRACE AND BEAUTY SCORE FR…

9 Apr 18, 2013
Reply by Shawn McSweeny

Tutorial videos added to the LEARN TO PLAY page.

Recently Marc Dalmasso has produced three video tutorials showing how to play of Parke Hunter’s Concert Solo  GIPSY DANCE.     I have added…

0 Apr 18, 2013

New Old Photos added to the TIME MACHINE

I received an email today with around 50 photos for our TIME MACHINE of old "banjo related" pictures. Thank you indeed!! Lurch playing the…

3 Apr 18, 2013
Reply by thereallyniceman

Salut D'Amour...Elgar

Sire Edward Elgar, probably  England's finest composer, was born in the village of Lower Broadheath in Worcestershire which is just about 5…

Started by Steve Harrison

6 Apr 10, 2013
Reply by Richard William Ineson

Another London banjo question

Does any one know where in London on a Sunday one can obtain a wound bass string for a set of nylon banjo strings? Mine just broke and I do…

Started by Leslie Evers

2 Apr 7, 2013
Reply by Leslie Evers

The Blue Bells of Scotland (Ellis)

I have a cd with a muffled recording of Ray Andrews playing this traditional tune -  he plays a very pretty sounding version with harmonics…

Started by carrie horgan

4 Apr 6, 2013
Reply by carrie horgan

London music shops

Hello!  I will be in the UK for a few weeks and I was thinking of going round to some shops in London to look at instruments. Does anyone h…

Started by Leslie Evers

2 Apr 6, 2013
Reply by Leslie Evers

Windsor Grand Solo

I'm about to post two videos taken by forum member Leslie Evers demonstrating my Windsor Grand Solo Banjo. The banjo playing features sever…

Started by Jody Stecher

9 Apr 5, 2013
Reply by Leslie Evers

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service