Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Dakota Rag (1899)..re-worked.

I've reworked one of my earlier arrangements, the new version and midi are now in the library. It's an interesting tune to play as it's in…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Jul 22, 2013

Old recordings of banjo orchestras?

Are there any from the period? I have heard plenty of old recordings featuring a banjo backed up by brass bands, but I can't recall any of…

Started by OK-4

5 Jul 17, 2013
Reply by thereallyniceman

Olly Oakley Strikes Again !

Here is another 78rpm recording from Olly Oakley. This one was recorded a little earlier than Jovial Huntsman, in around 1912 for Parlophon…

Started by thereallyniceman

6 Jul 16, 2013
Reply by Jody Stecher

The Fascinator (1903) by James Scott

This is another great ragtime march/two step by James Scott. It has some interesting and challenging harmonies in the second part. The pian…

0 Jul 14, 2013

Photos of FVE and Bill Bowen

Hi folks, Here are two nicely framed photos of Fred Van Eps and Bill Bowen.   Looks like they are both playing SSS banjos. http://www.ebay

Started by Joel Hooks

1 Jul 9, 2013
Reply by Eric STEFANELLI

reply to Grey Cloud's discussion Silly Scale Question

Hi ! To continue the  reply of Jody, i think this is a real important question  ,and Joe Morley's advises in his method are also very inte…

Started by Eric STEFANELLI

0 Jul 7, 2013

Dixie Dimples(1918) 'A Novelty Rag Fox Trot' by James Scott

Continuing my James Scott theme, this another catchy tune which strays from the usual ragtime formula. It has to be played with swing and b…

3 Jul 6, 2013
Reply by Steve Harrison

Accidental or “Accidentally on Purpose”?

My friend, the audio software expert, commented that the pitch on many Classic Banjo tracks of original artists now available was above con…

Started by thereallyniceman

18 Jul 6, 2013
Reply by marc dalmasso

McAlheeny's Cake Walk (1899) A Two Step in Irish Ragtime by Emmet Balfmoor.

Here's one I've dragged from the depths of obscurity. It's a cracking two step with a mixture of traditional Irish/Folk. I've added some su…

1 Jul 1, 2013
Reply by thereallyniceman

A Summer Breeze (1908) by James Scott

I've just completed another James Scott rag, now in the library plus midi. It's a seldom heard tune in four parts. It has some really inter…

13 Jul 1, 2013
Reply by Trapdoor2

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service