Classic Banjo (2,654)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Composers for a few songs

Hello everyone, I am trying to get my music organized but I am missing the composers for a few of the songs. I was hoping you could help me…

Started by Hal Allert

4 Sep 17, 2013
Reply by Hal Allert

MODESTY RAG by James Scott

Steve's classic banjo arrangements of James Scott Ragtime compositions continues with Modesty Rag. This is a catchy piece with some unusua…

Started by thereallyniceman

0 Sep 15, 2013

Backwell Banjo Rally here in the UK - 7th September 2013

The Backwell Classic Banjo Rally has been held at the Women's Institute Hall in Backwell, Near Bristol, UK  for many years and still attrac…

6 Sep 11, 2013
Reply by thereallyniceman

Troubadour Rag (1919) James Scott

I've just completed number 21 of the Scott Rags,  Troubadour Rag. This is one of the trickier ones to adapt to banjo and the first part do…

Started by Steve Harrison

1 Sep 10, 2013
Reply by thereallyniceman

ASHOKAN FAREWELL for Classic Banjo

Steve has sent me his score of the now famous folk tune Ashokan Farewell.  Steve says that this is a fairly easy arrangement suitable for t…

4 Sep 9, 2013
Reply by Steve Harrison

A Banjo Galaxy

My LP of William Ball's 'A Banjo Galaxy' just arrived today. And what a special record it is. Anyone else got it?

Started by Andrew 'blind boy' Butler

2 Sep 9, 2013
Reply by Andrew 'blind boy' Butler

Steve Harrison, Classic Banjo arranger extraordinaire!

Steve’s latest arrangement is “Honey Moon Rag” by James Scott (1916)   This James Scott Ragtime composition is a real cracker. I think I l…

1 Sep 6, 2013
Reply by Steve Harrison

Where is the 'new' music for classic banjo?

For any musical instrument to continue in popularity, there has to be a supply of new compositions and arrangements to keep it relevant. Th…

5 Sep 4, 2013
Reply by Richard William Ineson

Banjo of The Maghreb

Started by Jody Stecher

10 Aug 31, 2013
Reply by Jody Stecher

Hilarity Rag...James Scott

Now in the library with midi. It's another great Scott rag but with some tricky syncopation..only 10 more to do!.....Steve.

0 Aug 29, 2013

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service