Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Female Banjo Calendar Update

OK! I've heard from Eli Kaufman of the American Banjo Fraternity.  The delay was due to calculating the postage options. I'll reproduce his…

Started by Jody Stecher

4 Nov 4, 2013
Reply by marc dalmasso

Sneaky Pete (1907) Chas.L.Johnson

This is a catchy two step by Johnson. I've reduced the number of repeats as it was over long and I've arranged  the first and final part a…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Nov 3, 2013

Dimples (1907) George Linus Cobb

This is another rarely heard tune, a march by G.L Cobb. There are two arrangements in the library.The first has the melody for the trio pl…

0 Nov 1, 2013

ABF Female Banjo Player Calendar/Shawn McSweeny

The American Banjo Fraternity included a very well done 2 year calendar as a supplement to the latest issue of their journal The Five-Strin…

Started by Jody Stecher

9 Nov 1, 2013
Reply by Shawn McSweeny

"The Jay Hawk" by Parke Hunter...

Anyone have a copy of this great piece by Mr. Hunter? Eli K. mentioned it in the latest ABF newsletter. I have the Curly Miller (RIP) versi…

Started by Trapdoor2

1 Oct 31, 2013
Reply by Joel Hooks

Silly

Unrealistic expectations! http://www.ebay.com/itm/WINDSOR-ZITHER-BANJO-ARTISTE-4-1800S-W-ORIGINAL-CASE-ARTISTE-4-/331054262543?ssPageName=

Started by Jody Stecher

4 Oct 31, 2013
Reply by David Wade

Coonville Festival (1898)...Gus.H.Kline

This another hidden gem of a tune which I've hopefully rescued from obscurity. It's an early cakewalk and another of those tunes that coul…

0 Oct 30, 2013

Hearts Longing,,,,James Scott

Yet another pleasant waltz from the pen of James Scott. Midi and score are in the library. This a not too challenging to play and would ma…

0 Oct 24, 2013

Italian Banjo Strings

I recently received some images from a lady wanting to know the manufacturer of some banjo strings. The box that the strings came in, I pre…

Started by Hal Allert

12 Oct 24, 2013
Reply by Hal Allert

A great, and fun March for the Banjo

Steve has arranged a great march that could have been written for the banjo.   Composed by George L Cobb in 1907, which by coincidence the…

Started by thereallyniceman

0 Oct 22, 2013

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service