Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Turkish Towel Rag (1916)..Thomas S. Allen

As suggested by Dave Houle, this is a real finger bender with lots of chromatic runs played out of first position. It's not too challenging…

Started by Steve Harrison

2 Dec 15, 2013
Reply by Steve Harrison

Another Chas. L. Johnson Ragtime arrangement from Steve

Here is one of my favourite pieces as played by the Fred Van Eps Trio and was, I believe, recorded in 1918 on HMV records.   “Where the La…

Started by thereallyniceman

6 Dec 14, 2013
Reply by Trapdoor2

Performance Opportunity at The SS Stewart Banjo Factory

Greetings Banjo Players in the greater Philadelphia area! My name is Mira and I am coordinating a series of concerts that pay tribute to th…

Started by Old City Coffee

0 Dec 13, 2013

Will Rossiter's Ragtime March

Here is one that I bet that you have never heard before! Composed in 1907 by Warren Beebe... who? Steve Harrison has arranged this for C…

6 Dec 11, 2013
Reply by Steve Harrison

World's Largest Banjo discovered in Tokyo

We all thought that Richard Ineson had owned the World's largest banjo, ... but Steve Harrison discovered this banjo in Tokyo (Well, in…

0 Dec 6, 2013

Sibelius Users

Hello again. I was wondering if there are any Sibelius users out there that could help me with a few problems I am having with the program.…

Started by Hal Allert

0 Dec 1, 2013

Thanks!

For the Normandie March and Love and Beauty Waltz.  I gave the Normandie a read through this evening and though it is not spectacular, it i…

Started by Joel Hooks

1 Nov 28, 2013
Reply by Mike Moss

Morley Tunes

Hi Folks, Sorry that I have not replied to the great comments left on my video... Thanks everyone for the encouragement!!! It means the wor…

Started by Joel Hooks

19 Nov 18, 2013
Reply by Hal Allert

At A Georgia Camp Meeting Kerry Mills...help?

I received this interesting email from Site Member Thom Edgar who has attached a TAB version of the Kerry Mills’ “At a Georgia Camp Meeting…

9 Nov 17, 2013
Reply by Jody Stecher

Trio Section

I've come across this situation often and I was wondering if I'm interpreting it right.  the sheet music will be in an AABBA form with a tr…

Started by Greg Tomlin

7 Nov 11, 2013
Reply by Mike Moss

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service