Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Paul Eno

Ian, when do you sleep? So much time and work has gone into the site upgrade. Have you had any help? I hope so. There are so many new thing…

Started by Jody Stecher

0 Jan 26, 2014

The new format

Wow...wonderful new site. Just spent a few hours just roamin the site. Compliments to all involved.

Started by Richard Bugdal

1 Jan 26, 2014
Reply by Gatcomb

WEBSITE MAINTENANCE UNDERWAY 24th Jan 2014

Our website is currently undergoing maintenance. If you experience difficulties, please be patient. We anticipate all the alterations shou…

Started by thereallyniceman

4 Jan 25, 2014
Reply by Jody Stecher

Man enough for all us "macho" Classic Banjo players

One of a banjo players greatest fears is to be accused of carrying a man bag. He lives in abject fear of being ridiculed by his mates, h…

3 Jan 23, 2014
Reply by Thomas Edgar

Well, if Fred Van Eps can play it... so can I, maybe! :))

In case you thought that Steve had too much time on his hands, this is an arrangement that he sent me for proof reading a few weeks ago and…

1 Jan 19, 2014
Reply by Trapdoor2

The right sound.

I am finding it difficult to get the right tone for classic banjo playing. I started experimenting with aquila classic banjo strings on a g…

Started by KyleAZ

12 Jan 19, 2014
Reply by KyleAZ

Walkin' on de Rainbow Road

Steve continues with his endeavour to create a Classic Banjo arrangement of every piece of ragtime that has ever been written! Here is a a…

0 Jan 18, 2014

Sore toe Rag (1910)....H.A.Fischler

This is another rarely heard but very good early rag time tune. Due to the non-PC nature of the original title, I've chosen something less…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Jan 17, 2014

Will Pepper's banjo

Another great feature on this website is the jukebox. It has gotten *very* full of recordings since the last time I checked it out. I was j…

Started by Jody Stecher

8 Jan 16, 2014
Reply by Jody Stecher

A ragtime Skedaddle (1899) George Rosey

My arrangement and midi have been added to the library. It's my take on the tune and isn't quite the same as the Ossman recording. It's…

Started by Steve Harrison

2 Jan 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Harrison

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service