Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

refurbish

I have just refurbished ce  special .Stripped her down cleaned  and sanded scraped some small indents on fret board  ,I think maybe shrinka…

Started by Alan Sims

2 Feb 5, 2014
Reply by Alan Sims

Can anyone tell me what this for exactly?

I have an old George Houghton and Sons Reliance open back which has an unusual set up inside the head.  The ring is set on four adjustable…

Started by John Keen

2 Feb 4, 2014
Reply by marc dalmasso

What's in your playing folder?

After the Banjo Collector's Gathering, I decided that the binder in which I keep all my music was getting over large and overweight. There…

Started by Trapdoor2

18 Feb 4, 2014
Reply by Trapdoor2

Kerry Mill's Ragtime Dance (1909)

This is another rarely heard tune by Kerry Mills which translates to the banjo very well. The score and midi are now in the library...Stev…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Feb 3, 2014

String height on a fret-less banjo.

It probably seem as though I'm asking the obvious but I've recently restored a Simpson fret-less banjo and can't decide the correct height…

2 Feb 3, 2014
Reply by Steve Harrison

Leola (1908)...Scott Joplin

This is a tune suggested by Ian and is one of Joplin's slow Rags.     I changed it from Ab to G as it's a more suitable key for banjo and…

2 Feb 1, 2014
Reply by Steve Harrison

Ole Sambo

G/day mates. I noticed that Mr Weidt's banjo duet " Ole Sambo " was not in the music library.   I think it's a pretty little piece with syn…

Started by Ray Jones

3 Feb 1, 2014
Reply by Ray Jones

A. J. Weidt again..."Montclair Galop"

Ray's addition of "Ole Sambo" got me looking into my Weidt folder and I found one I had Tabbed out some years ago...but never did anything…

Started by Trapdoor2

0 Feb 1, 2014

Smoky Sam (1898)..S.M.Roberts

This is another early two step given a new lease of life. The score and midi are now in the library....Steve.

0 Jan 31, 2014

Haunting Rag by J. Lenzberg. Handwritten arrangement by Fred Van Eps

Rainier Lanselle has kindly sent me another hand written arrangement by Fred Van Eps.  This one is of Julius Lenzberg’s “Haunting Rag”.  …

Started by thereallyniceman

1 Jan 31, 2014
Reply by Donna Stewart

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service