Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Battle In The Sky (1915) J.Luxton

Here's another one  with an aeronautical theme for Marc. It was written in 1915 as a tribute to the early days of aerial warfare in WW1. I…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Apr 29, 2014

Shameless Request!

So, I've posted this on the minstrel ning site as well as on Facebook. I entered the "Old Time Waltz" contest over on the Banjo Hangout.  I…

Started by Joel Hooks

7 Apr 18, 2014
Reply by Trapdoor2

Tarrent Bailey Junior on YouTube

Sorry if this is old news but British Pathe have just uploaded thousands of archive clips to YouTube including their Tarrent Bailey Junior…

Started by Russ Chandler

1 Apr 18, 2014
Reply by thereallyniceman

Torn between instruments

About five years ago I bought a mandolin Kept up the practice and we got on fine together.Learned some swing and jazzy things .Then three y…

Started by Alan Sims

2 Apr 16, 2014
Reply by Jody Stecher

Cammeyer banjo almost ready

Looks like little is happening for now on the site.  Why is that?  I've been learning traditional clawhammer for about 2 years and using an…

Started by Ginny Matheson

17 Apr 15, 2014
Reply by Trevor Boyd

Darktown Excitement (1900)...William Brown

This is another of those 'could have been written for banjo' tunes. It's a simple but none the less good ragtime march/two step. I've never…

0 Apr 13, 2014

Cloud Kisser (1911)..Charles L. Johnson

This is the last of the aviation themed rags. It's my least favourite but still worth a listen, as  is anything written by Johnson. The s…

1 Apr 12, 2014
Reply by Trapdoor2

Barnes & Mullins z-b

There is a specimen of a Barnes & Mullins pre-Abbott Amboyna in captivity in Birmingham Alabama and up for auction at what might be too…

Started by Jody Stecher

0 Apr 12, 2014

Joe Morley's Autograph?

Bought the sheet music to 'Thumbs Up' years ago.Writing on the bottom left hand corner appears to be the signature of Joe Morley in grease…

Started by Dave Houle

8 Apr 12, 2014
Reply by Dave Houle

Historic Banjos for Sale

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS IS A VERY OLD SET OF BANJO HANGOUT ADVERTISEMENTS DATING FROM 2012. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE THEN SELLER. THIS I…

Started by Dave Houle

27 Apr 11, 2014
Reply by Richard William Ineson

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service