Classic Banjo (2,060)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Classic Banjo on the BBC...

...well a little bit anyway! Genevieve Tudor played three tracks from my new album "Last Night in Babylon" on her show on BBC Radio Shrops…

Started by Russ Chandler

1 Mar 7, 2012
Reply by David Wade

Anyone have a claim to fame?

Browsing my old BMG mags I came across this photo announcing the death of a banjo player, no explanation, no obituary notice, just this pic…

Started by thereallyniceman

7 Mar 4, 2012
Reply by Trapdoor2

Frank Lawes' Cute an' Catchy (guitar transcription)

I've finished up a guitar transcription of Cute an' Catchy that combines the banjo solo with the bass line from the piano accompaniment. I…

Started by Richard Yates

8 Mar 2, 2012
Reply by Steve Harrison

Classic Banjo Music Store is Alive and Well at a Website Near You

Hello Friends. Once again my music store is available for immediate downloads. I changed 3rd-party storefronts to one that provides more of…

Started by Hal Allert

0 Feb 29, 2012

New Project Underway!

Along with adding early recordings to our Music Library (and other things too!) I am currently occupied compiling probably the world's larg…

Started by thereallyniceman

6 Feb 29, 2012
Reply by Hal Allert

Morley - Shuffle Along tablature

My second attempt at generating banjo tablature. Please let me know of any errors that you find. http://www.yatesguitar.com/pdfs/Morley-Shu

Started by Richard Yates

5 Feb 28, 2012
Reply by Mike Moss

A hastily scrawled note

Dear CB-Ning friends,   I was handed this hastily scrawled note by a shady character, this afternoon, who told me it was from a friend; he…

Started by Mike Moss

9 Feb 25, 2012
Reply by Jody Stecher

No Discs

Looking at the Classic Banjo website, it would seem that Hal Allert has withdrawn the " Music Store " section containing the Old Time Class…

Started by Ray Jones

5 Feb 25, 2012
Reply by David Wade

Frank Lawes

Is there any way to determine (or narrow down) the dates of composition or first publication of Frank Lawes' tunes 'Got a Happy Feelin' and…

Started by Richard Yates

7 Feb 21, 2012
Reply by Mike Moss

Review of Morley Magic, vol. I -- by Clifford Essex Music

I am going to review the first volume of a new series of books called "Morley Magic", which has been recently published by the Clifford Ess…

Started by Mike Moss

1 Feb 20, 2012
Reply by thereallyniceman

RSS

© 2020   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service