Classic Banjo (2,654)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sam Collins, One of the best players that you have never heard of !

Syd Turner was an amazing UK Classic Banjo player, but little is remembered about him nowadays. He was friendly with the major players…

Started by thereallyniceman

1 Nov 2, 2014
Reply by Jody Stecher

Magnetic Rag (1914)...Scott Joplin

This is my second foray into Joplin territory and following a suggestion by Marc, I've had a go at at one of his more complex tunes. The c…

Started by Steve Harrison

2 Nov 1, 2014
Reply by Steve Harrison

But I think that Fred Van Eps was the best!

I have heard Van Eps play Cupid's Arrow before, but this 1911 recording sounds slightly different somehow...  but amazing!

7 Nov 1, 2014
Reply by Trapdoor2

Vess L. Ossman... The Greatest Classic Style Player Ever?

Here is another early record featuring Vess L. Ossman.   This piece, if you can ignore the content and vocals, really demonstrates the cri…

2 Oct 31, 2014
Reply by Shawn McSweeny

Shaeffer's Jig

This is something I'm working on at the moment - it's a bit of a finger-tangler for me but I'm hoping in time I can play it more cleanly. I…

Started by carrie horgan

17 Oct 31, 2014

uploading sheet music

Hi all, I uploaded a new arrangement as a "photo." Is that the best way to do it?

Started by Jocko MacNelly

2 Oct 30, 2014
Reply by Jocko MacNelly

Kaloola Dots

Does anyone have the Second Banjo part for Kaloola (by Weidt)?  I have found two specimens of the version published by Walter Jacobs that h…

Started by Jody Stecher

2 Oct 30, 2014
Reply by Jody Stecher

The Strenuous Life (1902)..Scott Joplin.

I've always steered clear of Joplin tunes as I think most of his best ones sound best on piano and don't translate very well to other instr…

Started by Steve Harrison

10 Oct 29, 2014
Reply by Steve Harrison

TWO ! Great, Scott Joplin arrangements for Classic Banjo

Following recent discussions about Scott Joplin's compositions for banjo, Richard Ineson has very kindly sent me two of his arrangements of…

1 Oct 29, 2014
Reply by Trapdoor2

skipping rope dance?

I wonder if anyone has the music score for 'The Skipping Rope Dance' by Herbert J Ellis.  I believe it is in Turner's Banjo Budget no78.  …

Started by carrie horgan

3 Oct 29, 2014
Reply by carrie horgan

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service