Classic Banjo (2,666)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A HAPPY NEW YEAR

A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR  To all our Contributors, Members and Visitors. Ian and Lynn

Started by thereallyniceman

2 Jan 1, 2015
Reply by Thomas Edgar

Bo Peep (March and two step) (1912)..Harry J. Lincoln

This is another great march by Harry Lincoln. It's got a bit of everything in the arrangement, bass and treble solos and octave runs. It'…

Started by Steve Harrison

1 Jan 1, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

value help please

I have recently acquired a J Parslow banjo with I think original case. After looking at maker must be about 100 years old it is missing one…

Started by paul henry

3 Dec 31, 2014
Reply by paul henry

A BIG thank you to Hal Allert

Just before Christmas Hal sent me a number of banjo solos from his collection for inclusion in the MUSIC LIBRARY.   He included quite a num…

Started by thereallyniceman

3 Dec 30, 2014
Reply by marc dalmasso

Dixie (1911) Harry J. Lincoln

This tune is described by Lincoln as a rag caprice. It's got a great melody and the whole composition has lots going on. I could imagine…

2 Dec 29, 2014
Reply by Steve Harrison

Koontown Koffee Klatsch (1904)...J.P.Greenberg

This is my take on a tune that was recorded by the Ossman/Dudley Trio in 1906. It's not a facsimile of the Ossman version, I've put it in…

17 Dec 29, 2014
Reply by Shawn McSweeny

Another tab request...

Does anybody have a tabbed version of the St. Louis Tickle?  I'm going to make the switch over to standard notation soon, but at the moment…

Started by John Cohen

14 Dec 28, 2014
Reply by Hal Allert

Goin' Some (1910)..James Nonnahs

This is the only known tune by this composer, it's very Joplinesque in parts and the third section definitely has the ghost of the Maple Le…

6 Dec 28, 2014
Reply by Hal Allert

Classic Banjo newbie introduction!

Well hello all! My name is Dow. I am 32 years old and work for the railroad as a switchman in Seattle. I joined this site in 2012, but dont…

Started by Texican65

5 Dec 28, 2014
Reply by Hal Allert

Repasz Band March (1904)...Chas. C. Sweeley, Harry j. Lincoln

The Repasz band is longest serving non Military band in the USA. It was formed in 1831 in Pennsylvania and in 1859, renamed after it's firs…

4 Dec 28, 2014
Reply by Steve Harrison

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service