Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Classic banjo and blues banjo

Oh dear, I hate to admit it but I'm running a parallel path at the moment: --Classic banjo picking --Robert Johnson-style blues banjo Bot…

Started by Patrick Garner

47 Feb 22, 2015
Reply by thereallyniceman

Alabama Blossoms (1905)....Orlando Edwards

This is the second of my trilogy of Alabama themed tuned. It's a lively March/Cakewalk and is the only published composition of Edwards. I…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Feb 22, 2015

Radiused Fingerboards

Has anyone tried playing classic banjo with a radiused neck or a scalloped fingerboard? There was a discussion on Banjo Hangout some time a…

Started by Hal Allert

25 Feb 22, 2015
Reply by Jody Stecher

Orpheum banjos

Does anybody have experience with these?  I have the opportunity to purchase a 1918 11'' Orpheum No. 3 pot with a Bart Reiter repro neck (2…

Started by John Cohen

18 Feb 19, 2015
Reply by Jody Stecher

Medium vs. Light gauge strings?

Hi fellow pickers! I'm trying to decide on a new set of strings to try. On my guitars over the years I've always used light or extra light…

Started by Texican65

8 Feb 18, 2015
Reply by Richard William Ineson

Joe Morley's grave

Looking at the new Morley section of the site reminded me that a couple of years ago I took a wander and had a look at the old man's grave.…

Started by Russ Chandler

2 Feb 17, 2015
Reply by David Wade

Bridge Location

A lot of the 11 13/16'' Vega rims have been re-necked with 22 fret fingerboards that have 26'' or 27'' scale lengths.  This moves the bridg…

Started by John Cohen

10 Feb 16, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

Down Souf' In Alabama (1898) B.H.Jansen

This is an early cakewalk and one of  those tunes that could have been written for banjo. I've given it the Morley/Grimshaw treatment. I've…

0 Feb 16, 2015

In the background

I see that we have another new member - a very warm welcome to you and to all the other recent people who have signed up to this discussion…

Started by thereallynicelady

2 Feb 15, 2015
Reply by Patrick Garner

Yankee Girl (1904) Jens Bodewalt Lampe

This is another lively tune from the composer of Creole Belle and Happy Heine. It's got lots going on with a good variation of musical sty…

6 Feb 12, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service