Classic Banjo (2,666)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

They call me Ian "the fingers" thereallyniceman

Last year I was sent a very poor copy of a handwritten transcription of the 1950s Fred Van Eps recording of "The Cubist" by Thomas Griselle…

Started by thereallyniceman

11 Mar 7, 2015
Reply by Mike Moss

Banjos in the shop... but I found a nice rag!

My banjo has been in the shop getting its 100 year overhaul- namely a refret.  In the meantime I've been listening to lots of rags and I ca…

Started by John Cohen

2 Mar 5, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

Van Eps Banjo on Ebay

In case someone is in the market the $1400 BIN is reasonable (though you might get it for less). It is beat all to hell but could be brough…

Started by Joel Hooks

1 Mar 5, 2015
Reply by John Cohen

King Kollins & Klifton?

I came across a youtube recording by Dorian Henry of the Twirler by King Kollins. King Kollins and Klifton were described as 'the wor…

Started by Steve Harrison

10 Mar 4, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

Peg slippage

Hi there - I now am the lucky owner of an SS Stewart Imperial banjeaurine.  However, one of the pegs feels loose and the string drops out o…

Started by carrie horgan

5 Mar 2, 2015
Reply by Jackie Cook

Welcome to new member Ilam Moss

New site member Ilam Moss added a comment on his his Profile page and as it is not displayed in the Discussion Forum we may have missed his…

3 Mar 2, 2015
Reply by Ilan Moss

Exploding Bridges!

Has this ever happened to any of you all before?  One second I'm happily playing banjo, and the next second:   ...there is an extremely l…

Started by John Cohen

6 Feb 28, 2015
Reply by John Cohen

Mr Yankee (1905)..Charles Linus Cobb

This is an early march and another tune that could have been written for banjo. I haven't been able  to locate any  banjo recordings but…

Started by Steve Harrison

4 Feb 27, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

NEW "C" tuning tutor added to the TUTOR BOOKS page

Our mate Joel Hooks has kindly sent me a copy of a tutor book I have not seen before that was written by Fred Bacon. Thank you Joel for a…

5 Feb 26, 2015
Reply by thereallyniceman

Tab Request

Does anybody have a  tab for Tattoo by Emile Grimshaw?  Clifford Essex only has a plectrum banjo version available.

Started by John Cohen

4 Feb 23, 2015
Reply by Shawn McSweeny

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service