Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Royal Besses O' Th' Barn March (1907). J.E.Dodd.

Besses O' Th' Barn was once a village in what is now the Whitefield district Of the City of Manchester. It is the home of one of the oldest…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Apr 9, 2015

Clifford Essex Tailpieces

Does anybody know a good source for older Clifford Essex parts?  I'm looking for the style of tailpiece that would have originally come wit…

Started by John Cohen

7 Apr 9, 2015
Reply by John Cohen

I Know Who Holds Tomorrow (1940)..Ira Stamphill

This is another arrangement of a Gospel song that was requested by Eric Womersley. His group play this in A major, not usual for a classic…

0 Apr 7, 2015

That Poker Rag (1909)...A slow drag by Charlotte Blake...

This is a pleasant composition that here and there has similarities to College Rag by William Hunter. I've set the midi speed at a comfor…

0 Apr 7, 2015

Piccolo banjo

In banjo orchestras, was the piccolo banjo played fingerstyle or with a plectrum?  My fiancee is interested in learning an instrument to ac…

Started by John Cohen

9 Apr 6, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

Over Weight

If you over feed your banjo and do not give it enough exercise, this is what happens.

Started by Ray Jones

14 Apr 6, 2015
Reply by John Cohen

Banjo upgrade

Hello all Having spent some time speaking with Steve Harrison, I am now considering the acquisition of a second banjo to keep my cheap sec…

Started by Eric Womersley

6 Apr 4, 2015
Reply by Jody Stecher

scales for banjo?

Hi all, does anyone know about "The Segovia Scales?" They're a set of major and minor scales for guitar, in all keys, that go uuuuup and do…

Started by Jocko MacNelly

15 Apr 4, 2015
Reply by Jocko MacNelly

Help needed please.

Over the last few weeks I have been attempting to play audio from the "Library of Congress" website and the page loads OK, but when I click…

Started by thereallyniceman

4 Apr 2, 2015
Reply by thereallyniceman

There's a Land That's Fairer than Day aka The Sweet By and By (1856) Jos.P.Webster.

This is an arrangement that was requested by one of our new members Eric Womersley. Eric plays a number of instruments and sings in a Gos…

1 Apr 2, 2015
Reply by Eric Womersley

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service