Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Baby Number Two

This one has been in the hands of a couple of site members, but now it is MINE... ALL MINE ;-)  An 11" Weaver with a spun over metal hoop,…

Started by thereallyniceman

7 May 3, 2015
Reply by thereallyniceman

A piece suitable for beginners to the Classic Style

I recently received an email from Eric Womersley in which he has included, notation and his Tablature for a pice he thinks will be useful f…

0 May 3, 2015

UPDATE: British Banjo Rallies 2015- 2016

Please update your diaries for the UK Rallies for the coming 12 months. The date for the Classic Banjo Rally in Clowne, Derbyshire  2016 is…

0 May 2, 2015

A Breeze from Blackville (1899)...F. T. McGrath

This is very good early 'folk' rag/two-step. I think these early ones are the best suited for banjo and this is no exception. It has four…

Started by Steve Harrison

2 May 2, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

TWELVE RADIO FAVORITES FOR BANJO !!

Our mate Joel Hooks has kindly sent a copy of a music book he has bought. It was produced in the mid 1920s and contains some interesting t…

10 May 1, 2015
Reply by Patrick Garner

Africana March and Two-Step (1908)...Leo Berliner

This is a lively Two-Step described as a rag time classic. It trips along at a good pace and isn't too hard on the fingers. It's yet anothe…

0 Apr 28, 2015

Special XX Rim Width

Can somebody who owns a Special XX measure the width of the rim?  I just realized that my Concert Grand has a thin hoop that looks to be ab…

Started by John Cohen

4 Apr 24, 2015

Mississippi Smilax (1907)...Harry Landrum.

Little is known about Landrum as this is his only known published composition. 'Perfessor' Bill Edwards, the fount of knowledge of all th…

2 Apr 23, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

peggo.co..a simple way to capture audio from youtube

For those who haven't seen this, try it. It's so simple to use, all you have to do is copy the YouTube web address that you want to capture…

0 Apr 22, 2015

VCM Classic Banjo grades

Hi there - I wondered if anyone has embarked on the VCM grades for classic banjo and, if so, how you are getting along.  I am considering g…

Started by carrie horgan

9 Apr 21, 2015
Reply by carrie horgan

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service