Classic Banjo (2,661)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Jazzbo's Holiday

Does anybody have a score or tab of this piece?

Started by John Cohen

4 May 15, 2015
Reply by John Cohen

AT LAST America adopts the C Notation

Some time ago Chris Ware kindly sent me a couple of 1908 Cadenza articles and I thought that I would share one with you...  Particularly…

Started by thereallyniceman

3 May 14, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

That's A Plenty (1914)..Lew Pollack

This is an early rag that has entered the domain of popular music. Since it was written it has been covered by many of the well known dance…

Started by Steve Harrison

3 May 12, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

Hosea Easton

A rare photo of the famous banjoist Hosea Easton, playing the part of Uncle Tom, in a Theatre in Melbourne, Australia circa 1880 

Started by Ray Jones

0 May 12, 2015

OVER 2O NEW MORLEY TRACKS ADDED !!

I mentioned that Anthony had been working hard.. here are the results. These scores are now added to the "Works of Joe Morley page". We no…

5 May 12, 2015
Reply by F. Chris Ware

Frank Converse's Simplified Banjo Method

Has anybody scanned Frank Converse's Simplified Banjo Method Without the Aid of Notes (1879)?  I've been looking for this one but can't fin…

Started by John Cohen

2 May 11, 2015
Reply by John Cohen

Joe Morley Project... behind the scenes.

As you will be aware site member Anthony Peabody has been working extremely hard entering Morley scores into his notation software. Startin…

8 May 10, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

More Ragtime? I love it :-)

Following Carrie's Ragtime post I have just received a number of scores, as promised, from Nick Robinson.  He has sent me the following: A…

10 May 9, 2015
Reply by F. Chris Ware

Shout out to Shawn McSweeny...

Great work on the "Morley's Bath Folio" published in the Spring 2015 issue of the ABF's "Five Stringer"! Two thumbs up!! Contains 5 previou…

Started by Trapdoor2

2 May 9, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

Ragtime video

Hi folks - I came across this entertaining video series about ragtime music on Youtube and thought I'd share the link: https://www.you

Started by carrie horgan

41 May 8, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service