Classic Banjo (2,655)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Banjo Serenade (1901)...Reginald De Koven

The fact that it had banjo in the title drew me to this. It's actually a song with all the usual non-PC lyrics. I thought I'd arrange it i…

Started by Steve Harrison

3 Jun 29, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

a few questions from a newcomer

Hi Im just barely getting going with classic style and have a few questions-- Is there an equivalent in this style to the minstrel Briggs B…

Started by HardboiledRosie

10 Jun 29, 2015
Reply by Hal Allert

right hand question

Hello, I am working on Sunflower Dance from the sheet music that Ian posted under the instructional video that specifies the right hand fin…

Started by HardboiledRosie

5 Jun 26, 2015
Reply by HardboiledRosie

Jedson 5 String Banjo

Hello all I've come a cross a nice looking Jedson 5 string banjo here: http://www.findajo.co.uk/#/jedson-ob/4553843266 Does anyone out t…

Started by Eric Womersley

4 Jun 25, 2015
Reply by Eric Womersley

New Joe Morley TAB added

Marc Dalmasso has kindly sent me Tablature for Joe Morley's "Georgia Walk Round". I have added this to the MUSIC LIBRARY and it also is av…

Started by thereallyniceman

0 Jun 24, 2015

Milenberg Joys (1925)'....Ferdinand (Jelly Roll) Morton

This is my third Morton tune and is another very good blues which sounds good on banjo. I couldn't get hold of a piano score so as with W…

0 Jun 23, 2015

A Joe Morley "MUST HAVE" !

My friend and banjoist Eric Silverstone visited from Israel and brought with him several early BMG magazines. So now I want one of these:…

Started by thereallyniceman

6 Jun 23, 2015
Reply by David Wade

2 banjos available

I know this site is not intended to be a market place. But I think the following might be of service to the members, as well as to me,  so…

Started by Jody Stecher

1 Jun 23, 2015
Reply by Jody Stecher

WC Field

Have any of you heard of a (presumably English) banjoist or banjo maker by the name of WC Field?  The strap on the period case that came wi…

Started by John Cohen

0 Jun 22, 2015

Wolverine Blues (1922)...Ferdinand (Jelly Roll) Morton

This is my second Morton arrangement, it was mentioned by Marc as one of his favourites so I thought I'd see what I could do with it. I co…

4 Jun 19, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service