Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"Banjo Bill" Bowen

Can anyone point me in the direction of some of Bill Bowen's recordings?  I'm not having luck finding them. 

Started by John Cohen

1 Aug 20, 2015
Reply by thereallyniceman

Ouch ! the dreaded ukulele.

In one of the posted comments it was interesting to see a mention of a ukulele. After an unhappy experience at check-in at Gatwick ,where I…

Started by Tony Bamforth

1 Aug 17, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

OT 3 finger, classic and bluegrass style playing

Hello,   Is anyone able to explain and or highlight the differences between OT 3 finger, classic and bluegrass style playing? I've posted…

Started by Eric Womersley

36 Aug 15, 2015
Reply by Eric Womersley

Setting Up a Resonator Banjo

I just picked up a new banjo- a 5-string Vegaphone with a resonator.  I like the added volume and quick response that a resonator provides,…

Started by John Cohen

0 Aug 12, 2015

TablEdit upgrades...my TAB featured as "tune of the month" there.

Matthieu (creator of TablEdit), is probably the only software owner/creator that I've ever heard of who actually listens to the users and u…

Started by Trapdoor2

5 Aug 5, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

Tune suggestions

I'm seeking suggestions for ragtime tunes that I might be able to attempt (i.e. not too technically difficult for a beginner).   Many Thank…

Started by carrie horgan

8 Aug 3, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

Even more of Hal Allert's superb CB arrangements added to the MUSIC LIBRARY

Over the last few weeks our friend Hal Allert of   www.classicbanjo.com  has been sending copies of multipart banjo arrangements that he ha…

Started by thereallyniceman

2 Aug 2, 2015
Reply by Hal Allert

Inspiration Polka now in the library...

Hi gang, Ian has uploaded some music I sent in: "Inspiration Polka" by E.M. Hall. Interesting tune, some odd tonalities in there. After wor…

Started by Trapdoor2

0 Aug 2, 2015

Tailpiece

What do the experts say about this tailpiece? about the banjo itself? the rim(pot) looks a bit fat to me. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/cliffo

Started by Jody Stecher

1 Aug 2, 2015
Reply by John Cohen

Joe Morley..Dates of compositions?

I've never found a date on any of the Morley scores that I have indicating when they may have been written. Does anyone have date informati…

Started by Steve Harrison

6 Aug 2, 2015
Reply by Richard William Ineson

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service