Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Swipesy (1900).....Arthur Marshall & Scott Joplin

This is usually attributed to Joplin however he was responsible only for writing the trio and the final piano arrangement. This would proba…

Started by Steve Harrison

2 Feb 19, 2016
Reply by Steve Harrison

Morley's "Moonlight Revels"

Hi Gang, Had some time this weekend to do a bit of Ol' Joe: "Moonlight Revels". I was sorting thru my stacks, ran across it and thought, "h…

Started by Trapdoor2

7 Feb 18, 2016
Reply by Trapdoor2

Like a Phoenix Bird

I am sorry for my premature exclamation earlier when I said that the Classic Banjo Resource site was up and running. Turns out there were q…

Started by Hal Allert

3 Feb 18, 2016
Reply by Hal Allert

'Exotic' sounds

There was a thread on the Banjo Hangout recently about 'Oriental Foxtrots' and it got me thinking about classic banjo tunes that have 'exot…

Started by carrie horgan

9 Feb 16, 2016
Reply by Trapdoor2

Ossman Takes on Pryor’s Rats

“The White Rats” March & Two-Step, composed by Arthur Pryor, was first recorded by Sousa’s Band for Victor in 1900. The score was publ…

Started by Shawn McSweeny

4 Feb 15, 2016
Reply by Trapdoor2

Chewin' The Rag (1910)...Fred Heltman

The title doesn't properly describe the tune, I would describe it as a 'ragtime reverie' rather than a rag, with a lilting melody. The trio…

4 Feb 14, 2016
Reply by Steve Harrison

That Chinatown Rag (1910)....Geo. W. Meyer.

This is a catchy oriental rag that's not too challenging on the fingers. There are some nice major/minor chord changes and an interesting u…

0 Feb 11, 2016

Ossman's Pretzel Pete

Vess L. Ossman recorded “Pretzel Pete” for Edison in 1907. It is subtitled “A German Ragtime” and contains at least one melody of German o…

Started by Shawn McSweeny

2 Feb 11, 2016
Reply by Shawn McSweeny

Playing from Standard Notation

I am a novice with Classic Banjo, and part of the trouble I am having is learning how to play a composition from the standard notation. I f…

Started by Brian Kimerer

31 Feb 9, 2016
Reply by marc dalmasso

Classic banjos

What is the best way to sell classic banjos ?

Started by Roy Manning

21 Feb 6, 2016
Reply by Brian Kimerer

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service